Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
•Provide leadership in developing strategies and interventions to improve the quality and responsiveness of HIV prevention programming and service delivery.
•Advise on focused prevention with key affected populations (including girls age 15-24 years, men who have sex with men, sex workers, and people living with HIV) and social and structural change approaches to HIV prevention in Zambia (addressing gender roles and cultural norms, behavior change with multiple concurrent partners, and rights-based programming).
•Facilitate technical capacity assessments in efficacious, evidence-based HIV prevention among CSO partners and GRZ in order to identify gaps, technical capacity limitations, and priority technical assistance needs.
•Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of HIV prevention quality improvement activities.
•Develop and Facilitate problem solving and action planning among CSO and GRZ stakeholders to address critical challenges and barriers to improving HIV prevention programming and service delivery.
• A Master’s degree in Public Health, Social and/or Behavioral Sciences or a related field, with specific emphasis on community-level health promotion and/or education
• Minimum seven years of experience in the ESA region designing and implementing large-scale community-level HIV prevention programs involving multiple stakeholders. Four of those years should be in a technical leadership/management role for a project of similar size and complexity, including experience with direct supervision of professional staff
• Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based and promising behavioral and structural HIV prevention interventions, best practices in community health interventions and linkage to services, and approaches to addressing gender issues relating to HIV prevention
• Prior experience in building community competency and capacity for improving health and use of participatory methodologies for planning and implementing local-level activities
• Excellent interpersonal, training, facilitation, team building and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional relationships and to work collaboratively with host country government counterparts and civil society organizations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.