Advisor - MEAL
Closing Date for Applications:
You will ensure high quality programme planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning across the Sudan country programme by running and adjusting relevant M&E systems to keep track and report on programme progress and by providing training and capacity building to programme staff at all levels. You will also provide high quality technical support during project design and implementation. You will take a lead on program assessments, and research activities, liaising with external consultants and Dublin technical experts. You will be the focal person for all mainstreaming and accountability issues, both internally and as part of our programme activities. You will also work closely with the program support team ensure that appropriate programme documentation, reporting and filing processes are in place.
Some of your responsibilities will be to:
- Support Programme Director and program Team in developing quality programme proposals by providing technical support in situational analyses for programme development and reviewing secondary data relevant to the programme, in developing theory of change, log frames, M&E plan, mainstreaming analysis tools, communication and visibility protocols.
- Conduct partners and other stakeholder’s consultative meetings and guiding Concern staff and partners involved in programme development process. Provides technical inputs based on the consultative meetings with partners, staff and stakeholders in the areas of surveys, assessments, data base, documentation and knowledge management, theory of change, log frame and results framework .
- Participate in proposal writing in line with donor and Concern guidelines relating to MEAL stream line
- Work together with Senior Managers in Sudan Country Programme and technically contribute to country wide plan for new developments including strategic planning processes, sector strategies, and Preparing for Effective Emergency Response (PEER) action plans by providing technical inputs, analysis, feedbacks, documenting processes and lessons learnt
Programme implementation and monitoring:
- Contribute to the overall programme quality assurance in line with the relevant program commitments and organizational policies by applying the Concern Sudan established MEAL System (MEAL Manual).
- Review and adjust the MEAL processes and tools involving HQ technical advsior.
- Continually monitor the external environment and internal developments to see what is changing, both internally and externally and propose adjustments to programme plans or new interventions as necessary based on its impacts in achieving committed targets.
- Support the program teams in the States in reviewing and adjusting monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and budgets based on log and result frameworks and respond to indicators as per the planning and budgeting cycles to improve performance against targets.
- Provide indicators updates for clusters with the technical support of the Technical Advisors (health, nutrition, FSL )
Mainstreaming and Learning Management
- Support the Programme Directors in mainstreaming Equality, gender, Disaster Risk Response (DRR), climate change and HIV & AIDS across the Sudan programmes. Also contribute to ensuring the integration of accountability throughout the programme and workplace and the Preparation of Effective Emergency Response (PEER) action plans.
- Take lead and contribute to the design and use of necessary tools to ensure compliance with international humanitarian standards (e.g. HAP, SPHERE, Do No Harm) and responding to mainstreaming critical cross cutting issues required by donors, Concern WW and the government to deliver quality service across all our programmes and program areas.
- Lead and support teams in meeting accountability commitments and best practice especially in relation to Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Lead in the development of key documents such as baseline/endline surveys, case studies, and study reports ensuring quality products and contribution to learning and dissemination to stakeholders and wider humanitarian community.
- Lead in design and direction and implementation of evaluations (external and internal) in line with accountability commitments and programme plans.
- Participate in coordination meetings and give formal and informal presentations about Concern’s work in West Darfur, West and South Kordofan States in consultation with the PD, Area Coordinators, and Technical Advisors
- Undertaking any other related duties as may be assigned by the PDs
Your skills and experience will include:
Education & Qualifications Required:
- Third Level qualification in a relevant discipline (Development Management, Statistics Science, International Development, Rural Development, Community Development, etc.)
- At least 5 years overseas experience worked with a NGO, in a resilience, early-recovery or development context
- Strong skills in, and ability to advice on, MEAL aspects in programming and proposal development
- Strong planning, monitoring and learning skills
- Experience in budgeting, monitoring, and reporting expenditure with the use of management accounts, logframe indicators and other tools to support teams to develop proposals and adjust planning for full expenditure. Experience in designing and conducting assessments, post-distribution monitoring (PDM), surveys and evaluations based on set quality methods, international humanitarian quality standards, and donor’s compliance mechanisms.
- Strong skills in monitoring program performance (both activities and finances) and able to advise, support and adjust to reach set goals, objectives and strategic aims.
- Good knowledge of project cycle management, Equality, HIV and AIDS, and Mainstreaming approaches, preferably in protracted humanitarian context
- Knowledge and experience in a range of participatory and gender sensitive approaches and their application of MEAL processes
- Strong skills and knowledge in data analysis, processes and interpretation linking to technical adjustments to improve program performance and quality.
- Excellent communication, networking and persuasion skills, very good mentoring and capacity building experience.