Advocacy and Communication Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a humanitarian and independent Non-Governmental Organization with international projection headquartered in Oslo, Norway, which works in more than 35 countries offering humanitarian assistance to the most vulnerable population.
- NRC has been working in Central America since 2014 supporting the most vulnerable population through protection, education, shelter and infrastructure projects, and water, sanitation and hygiene. Since January 2021, it established its Country Office for North Central America and Mexico (NCA & M) based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, from where the programs in Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala and Mexico are coordinated.
- The NRC works to protect the rights of displaced and vulnerable people in times of crisis, providing assistance to respond to immediate humanitarian needs and prevent further displacement. And through advocacy work, efforts are made so that the rights of displaced people are respected and durable solutions are achieved.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The purpose of the position of Advocacy and Communications Officer (NCA & M) is to support the implementation of the advocacy strategy and ensure the development of actions in terms of communications and visibility.
- She will join the Advocacy and Communications team, under the guidance and supervision of the Coordinator, working closely with the area assistant, and in coordination with the program teams and implementing partners at NCA & M.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, tools, manuals, and guidelines.
- Implement the portfolio of delegated support functions in accordance with the action plan.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper archiving of documents.
- Promote and share ideas to improve the support function
General professional skills :
- Graduated professional in communication, journalism, social sciences or related careers.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in communications and / or advocacy in civil society and / or humanitarian organizations.
- Knowledge of humanitarian and protection principles.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results related to the responsibilities of the position; define messages, communicate with impact, coordinate with diverse actors.
- Skills to train personnel in communications and advocacy.
- Previous work experience in complex and changing contexts.
- Demonstrable experience working with the media.
- High knowledge of English.
Context specific skills, knowledge and experience :
- Solid knowledge of the North Central American context.
- Excellent ability to systematize, synthesize and write.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Domain of communication in social networks.
- Basic knowledge in graphic design will be valued.
- Knowledge in audiovisual production and editing (especially photography).