Advocacy and External Engagement Officer
World Vision, Australia
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the UN Representative, Geneva, the Advocacy and External Engagement Officer will provide support to advocacy and external engagement activities of World Vision colleagues in Geneva focused on the United Nations. These will be in support of Geneva focused objectives of Advocacy & External Engagement (A&EE), as well as other WV global teams. This role supports the delivery of external communications to stakeholders and supports the planning and implementation of external events, as well as attending external meetings to document discussions and outcomes. The Officer will also support the administrative needs of the Geneva office, including maintaining good relations with key vendors.
- Contributes to development and implementation of Advocacy and External Engagement Plans with due follow up and development of Action Points on specific work streams.
- Develops and organizes internal communication and external activities to meet specific communications objectives.
- Proactively organizes external events (for 20 to 200 people) that contribute to making the case for children’s wellbeing and rights as they relate to the team’s main objectives. This is carried out with relevant stakeholders and partners as appropriate.
- Supports implementation of internal coordination with regional offices and national offices as appropriate for their engagement in the Advocacy Engagement Plans and other internal work plans thus supporting local to global engagement.
- Supports overall work with partner organizations and leads engagement and partnership in some of the networks and alliances and/or coordinating platforms.
- Supports the administrative needs of the Geneva Office, including ensuring good relations with and timely payments to vendors and other parties. Supports functioning of the Geneva Office association (re Swiss registration).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor Degree in field related to international development, political science, communications, etc.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in government relations/external engagement, child rights, human rights, communication or any other specific field relevant to World Vision’s work.
- Experience in international work environments and cross-cultural communication, including understanding of the UN system and NGOs.
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Administrative and Event management experience.
- Documented experience in advocacy work with international actors.
- Documented experience in writing advocacy briefs, notes, summaries, etc.
- Fluency in English. French is a strong asset. Other languages may be an advantage.