PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Are you passionate about Project Management and innovation; good at active listening, problem solving, team building, and leading a team towards successful project completion in both a traditional waterfall and agile methodologies?
Are you driven to make lasting change for the world's most vulnerable children? World Vision International Global Marketing & Communications is looking for you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic Project Management Office managing cutting edge marketing and communications digital, customer experience, product development, global campaigns and enterprise system projects for critical business needs in child sponsorship, fundraising, brand, public engagement and communications.
- Work with business owners to define appropriate project management approach (waterfall, agile), scope, project backlogs and schedule work while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; document project plans with a focus on lean principles; organise and lead agile ceremonies such as stakeholder demo, planning and retrospectives, project status and working meetings.
Project & Team Management:
- Communicate and work with teams on backlog items and work in progress; lead and promote agile adoption in teams and with key stakeholders; maintain project management assets and tools.
- Optimise team productivity and collaborate with other Project Management Office members, project teams and leaders to improve efficiency. Conduct retrospectives and lessons learned to discover gaps and opportunities to improve ways of working. Implement feedback loops to ensure agility through “fast failing", learning and adapting, make recommendations as needed regarding any need to shift focus, adapt, pivot or accelerate to improve project value delivery.
Communication & Stakeholder Engagement:
- Work with business owners, project teams and communications specialists to devise and execute communications plans, maximise adoption across the organisation and ensure stakeholders are informed and engaged throughout the project lifecycle.
Project Status Reporting & Issue Escalation:
- Monitor and update on progress of project delivery, risks and issues and changes that may be required. Monitor budget and forecast financial variances. Keep all key stakeholders, leaders and Project Management Office members informed through formal and informal channels.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience.
- PMP and one of ACP, SAFe, CSM, CSP certifications.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in direct project management.
- 1-2 years work experience in agile & lean practices (Lean Six Sigma, Agile frameworks, etc.)
- Proven experience handling high degree of complexity, competing demands, and significant responsibility with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Lean Six Sigma certification is an asset.
- Familiarity with productivity tools such as Smartsheet, MS Team, Zoom, Google suite and Outlook.
- Familiarity with procurement tools & vendor management is an asset.
- Microsoft Office tools such as Word and Excel.
- Experience in working virtually and internationally across cultures and within complex organisational structures.