Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Purpose of the Position:
- Responsible for the management of District agricultural recovery/livelihoods activities and coordinating all technical operations.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly district budgets and expenditure analysis
- Planning, implementing, monitoring, reporting and making recommendations on programme activities at district level.
- Coordinate the selection of appropriate target populations to be recipients of agricultural/livelihoods inputs in the District.
- Plan, implement and monitor as per project design approved activities.
- Design appropriate training materials for use in local community development work and informal education activities.
- Train field staff and farmers on sustainable agricultural practices relevant to the increased production of food for the target communities.
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders and project coordinator in the design of appropriate strategies for target population.
- Collect and analyse agricultural/livelihoods data and inform the project coordinator situation on food security in the district.
- Produce regular, situational timely progress reports regarding projects in the district.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A degree in Agriculture, preferably Agronomy at a recognised university
- At least two years experience working within agricultural production and developmentprogrammes.
- In-depth working knowledge of cropping /livestock programme design.
- Good working knowledge of government and community structures.
- Demonstrate ability in the design and effective use of training materials.
- Knowledge of how to prepare financial budgets.
- Knowledge of local agriculture laws as these relate to plant and animal movement.
- Holder of a valid class 4 driver’s licence.
- Fluency in English and local languages
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/zimbabwe/food-security-and-livelihood/agricultural-field-officer-karibambire/5200