PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
World Vision (WV) has recently been awarded an 11.1 million EUR grant from the European Union (EU) to lead a consortium of partners to implement their Accelerating Health Agriculture and Nutrition (AHAN) project under pillar three of the EU’s Partnership for Improved Nutrition in Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR). Consortium partners include World Vision Australia (lead) with 4 implementing partners: World Vision Laos, Agronomes et Vétérinaires Sans Frontière (AVSF), Green Community Development Association (GCDA) and the Burnet Institute.
Commencing on the 1st of October 2017, this 48 month project has the overall objective of creating supportive conditions for enhanced household (HH) nutrition through the following specific objectives:
Improved access to and availability of sufficient and/or diverse foods year round;
Improved dietary and care practices among Women of Reproductive Age and children under 5;
Reduced incidence of selected Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) related diseases/illnesses linked to undernutrition;
Improved gender equitable relations at the HH level, particularly in decision-making and distribution of workload; and
Strengthened multi-sector coordination and support for nutrition. The project will be implemented across three provinces and 12 districts of Lao PDR.
The Grant Accountant will coordinate and provide financial management support to all projects and Account Payable transactions at the National Office to ensure it is done at acceptable level of risks and comply to both WV Partnership standard and local statutory requirement.
This position will work with all stakeholders in National Office to provide service in Account Payable transaction and to achieve the FY18-FY21 strategy outcome. This position will report to AHAN project, Finance and Admin Team Lead
- Prepare cash advance and Review document for Settlement of AHAN staff to ensure the settlement and Deposit Voucher are taken up accurately and timely with supporting document.
- Prepare three month cash flow forecasts of AHAN and submit to NO Finance team.
- Ensure timely processing of cash disbursement vouchers and payments to suppliers.
- Perform detailed check and Bank reconciliation against the bank statement.
- Ensure the Bank Reconciliation is done timely and accuracy
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available in the bank account to enable smooth implementation of planned project activities
- Ensure the records and supporting document for the payment is properly correct and accordingly to WV and donor policies
- Organize and maintain financial documents in an orderly, coherent and updated office filing system and deliver all financial documents to WV National office in quarterly basis
- Perform day-to-day financial operation and ensure adequate finance supports are provided to the field operation.
- Review the record of fixed and non-fixed assets for AHAN project to ensure that all asset record into the consolidate asset list and work closely with Admin about asset control.
- Perform accounting procedures, classifying and summarizing financial transactions of the projects and the generation of required financial reports
- Assist Finance & Admin Lead and Finance Team in monthly account closing and ensure all required financial reports are posted in FFR database within the given timeline
- Provide a good coordination and support to Project Accountant in term of finance support is in need
- Ensure all finance documents is delivered to Nation Office in quarter basis and properly handover and maintained in the storage room.
- Perform other duties as requested by finance officer of by the Project Accountant in National office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in Finance
- Experience in INGO project budgeting and financial management
- Experience in operating Sunsystems and Q&A
- Advance skills with Spreadsheet Analysis, and Sun System Accounting Package, Q&A Reporting
- Strong knowledge on GAAP and World Vision Financial Manual (FM)
- Strong budgetary and financial management and analytical skills
- Clear understanding of written and spoken English.
- Computer literate in Accounting Software, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes or similar database, email and Internet programs
- Ability to work in a stressful situation and in a cross-cultural condition.
- Familiarity with general accounting principles.
- Adequate knowledge on World Vision Financial Manual (FM)
Interested candidates are invited to submit a COVER LETTERand CV to the address below. Please indicate the POSITION TITLE. Deadline for application is 19 January 2020, however applicants areencouraged to apply early as applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will close early if a suitable candidate is found.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Full Job Description is available by contacting through email below