Lifting Hands International is looking for an AID DISTRIBUTION MANAGER starting late February 2020 for our refugee project in Serres, a small town about one hour away from Thessaloniki in Northern Greece.
As Aid Distribution Manager you would:
- Manage our warehouse where all food, clothing and hygiene aid is stored
- Be responsible for ensuring our resident census remains up to date
- Work closely with some long-term residents who help with aid distribution, translation and census updates when new families arrive/old families leave
- Lead our seasonal clothing distributions
- Manage international and resident volunteers when they come to help out at the warehouse, ensuring everyone knows what they're doing and that tasks are completed in a logical, efficient manner.
- Be responsible for ensuring all weekly food and hygiene aid is ordered, sorted and delivered to the refugee camp
drive to and from the nearest city Thessaloniki to pick up supplies from bigger NGOs
- Documenting all incoming donations
- Hold a driver's licence valid in Greece
- Can commit for at least 90 days (6 months preffered)
- Have some managing/coordination experience
construction/garden skills are an asset
- Free shared accommodation in our team apartments
- Small monthly reimbursement (starting from 200 USD per month)
- A great team of international volunteers
Please note that as a small NGO we are not able to offer assistance for visa application, UN citizen only.