AIDA Administrative Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Jerusalem, Israel
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the supervision of the AIDA Director, support the AIDA Advocacy and Communications Coordinator and the Executive Committee to enable the effective and efficient working of the AIDA Secretariat, as well as the achievement of AIDA’s strategic objectives. With approximately 80 AIDA organizational members, the AIDA Admin Assistant is responsible for carrying out administrative and information management tasks.Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Assist with the implementation of the support functions according to AIDA strategy and action plans;
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management;
- Ensure proper filing of documents ;
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Perform other tasks as required by management.
Administration and Coordination
- Assist maintaining up to date mailing lists and contact details of members, donors, advocacy targets and other relevant AIDA interlocutors and stakeholders, as needed;
- Support updating and maintaining of the AIDA website under supervision of AIDA Advocacy and Communications Coordinator;
- Assist managing information sharing among AIDA members;
- Support the disseminating of information pertaining to issues of relevance (reports, meetings, events, etc.) related to the work of AIDA members;
- Assist in developing and maintaining a calendar of upcoming events that can be shared among AIDA members;
- Support the planning and preparation of all AIDA related meetings, including General Meetings, Executive Committee meetings, and other meetings with externals;
- Liaise with assistants from external AIDA interlocutors to schedule meetings, send agendas and share minutes of meetings;
- Responsible for working with NRC Support staff to carry out support services functions including, procurements, HR finance and Bookkeeping related to AIDA;
- Responsible for petty cash payments ensuring that the cash payments are correctly recorded in cashboxes and cash count is conducted on daily basis;
- Responsible for tracking and collection of membership fees.
- Collect and manage data on behalf of AIDA members as needed;
- Assist the Secretariat, the Chair, and the Executive Committee with various functions related to gathering information and conducting research on topics relevant to members and AIDA strategy;
- Assist in collecting data from members and maintaining structured monitoring and reporting mechanisms;
- Support other kinds of data entry and information management issues, as needed.
We are looking for a university graduate with a bachelor's degree in Social Science,Administration or related field .Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a similar role, preferably with an NGO or UN agency. Fluency in English and Arabic language, both written and verbal, with Hebrew desirable. Ability to work under pressure, to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet tight deadlines.