Air and Ground Handling Operations Specialists
CTG Global, Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
Overview of position
Air and Ground Handling Operations Specialists ensure the safe takeoff and landing of our client’s aircraft. Duties include coordination between air-traffic control and maintenance personnel; dispatching; using airfield landing and navigational aids; implementing airfield safety procedures; monitoring and maintaining flight records; and applying knowledge of weather information. They also implement airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
The main responsibilities of the Consultant will include but not limited to the following:
- Lead and manage the airline’s ground handling suppliers and airport companies at the nominated base(s) and satellite airports to deliver targeted performance outcomes in all areas of safety, cost control and operational performance.
- Ensure that ground handling companies and airport operations comply with our client Air’s safety standards at all times.
- Manage cost in line with budget and deliver ever lower cost operational solutions and arrangements with the growth of the airline, achieving volume based discounts. Identify all new opportunities for operational improvement and/or cost savings in the nominated area of responsibility.
- Ensure scalable growth for the nominated base(s) and satellite airports in all areas including, but not limited to, the startup of new operational locations, the increasing of base sizes, alternate and diversion arrangements and close management of any disruption.
- Support the Ground Operations Team in activities across the network as required
- Proven years of experience in the aviation industry – primarily operational, but also commercial
- Fluent English speaker
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Creative and proactive personality with „can do” approach
- Leadership skills
- Experienced with working to deliver company’s KPIs
- Airside Safety Awareness
- Time flexibility and ability to travel
- Advanced computer skills