Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• AMC is looking to hire an Analyst to join the investment teams and work across various funds. The successful candidate will provide analytical support to the teams in the investment process, in the supervision of existing investments and in the overall management of the funds.
• In particular, the Analyst will be responsible for (i) analyzing financial statements, reviewing financial models and due diligence reports and conducting industry, market and company research; (ii) preparing project documents and investment materials for the fund’s Investment Committee in close coordination with the rest of the AMC and IFC project teams; (ii) preparing internal and external strategy documents and presentations; (iii) assisting the team in supervising the ongoing performance of the fund’s portfolio companies; (iv) assisting in providing timely delivery of information to the fund’s investors; and (v) preparing marketing and other communication materials.
• Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Finance
• 1-3 years relevant experience in private equity, investment banking or consulting
• Strong analytical and investment assessment skills, good knowledge of investment documentation, accounting, financial statement analysis and financial modeling
• Ability to work effectively under pressure in a diverse, team-oriented environment
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas
• Ability to problem solve, think through solutions with limited supervision and pro-actively seek counsel where needed
• Experience and/or interest in emerging markets
• Excellent (oral and written) communication skills in English - fluency in other languages (e.g. French, Spanish, Portuguese) would be a plus
• A willingness to travel internationally and frequently.
• To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to AMCRecruit@ifc.org.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• NOTE: The selected candidate will be employed directly by AMC, which is a distinct legal entity from IFC. If the selected candidate is a World Bank Group (WBG) staff member, he /she would be able to be seconded to AMC under the WBG External Service Program.