Analyst (LEF) in Macedonia
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Skopje, Macedonia
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Work in close co-ordination with the SBI Head in Belgrade, the Head of Office in Skopje and other bankers of the Skopje RO and SBI bankers in the region and Sector Team bankers to develop the EBRD’s business with small enterprises in Macedonia, with a particular focus on ENEF.
- Contribute as a project team member to the execution, implementation and monitoring of a number of projects each year.
- With the supervision and guidance of the SBI Head in Belgrade and the Head of the Skopje RO, contribute to the origination and execution of ENEF and SBI projects in Macedonia, proactively engaging in the oversight of these projects.
- Work as team member on new ENEFF/SBI transactions, following all aspects on project preparation (generation, due diligence, legal, closing, monitoring), ensuring that quality transaction structuring and implementation of projects is consistent with EBRD standards.
- Provide input to the Regional Head of SBI in Belgrade and the Head of Skopje RO for setting business direction for the sector and contribute to the achievements annual project targets in the country.
- Develop and maintain contacts with the local business community in the context of the SBI business.
- Provide input for review and prepare all project documentation for submission to and approval by the Bank.
- Liaise and work with other departments, coordinating their involvement in the project as required
- Actively participate in the monitoring of investments including preparation of regular monitoring reports, managing client relationships and recommendation of disbursements, waivers etc and resolution of issues.
- Review and own quality control of legal agreements, financial and other due diligence analysis.
- Carry out other relevant tasks assigned by more senior members of the project team or his/her line managers
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Prior relevant experience with the local business environment, particularly in the corporate sector is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable successful track record of working through the project cycle.
- Proven experience of business development, negotiation and marketing skills.
- Ability to independently draft investment reports for Investment Committees’ decisions.
- Excellent Excel modelling skills.
- Proven experience with equity deals would be very beneficial.
- Advanced understanding of investment and financial analysis and their application in investment decisions and transaction structuring, strong credit background.
- Sound decision making and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Macedonian languages.