World Vision International(WVI), Bint Jbeil, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
Facilitate project’s implementation
- Assist the outreach team in mapping and assessing children to attend PSS activities.
- Register and enroll children in psychosocial support activities
- Assist the animator in working directly with children in a community center, carrying out psychosocial activities.
- Plan and organize activities with children while facilitating and encouraging the participation of all children.
- Ensure activities run in a timely manner to ensure the successful implementation of the project.
- Ensure that children are all involved in the activity and that there is possibility for boys and girls to work both together and in gender based group.
- Deal with difficult behaviors (conflict, aggressiveness, introversion) and understand the reason behind the behavior to positively communicate with the situation.
- Ensure Children under her/his responsibility are not exposed to any form of Harm or stress during the activities
- Plan and organize social cohesion events at the end of each Cycle
- Be responsible for the proper use and basic maintenance of the PSS material and the facility.
- Handle logistics responsibilities as necessary
- Plan and organize cyclic meetings for parents of children attending PSS activities.
Ensure children’s safety and protection
- Work in compliance with and respect of the principles of Child Protection and confidentiality, working with refugee and host communities with sensitivity
- Identify key protection threats affecting the children and raise them to the center supervisor.
- Identify safety issues and follow-up with the center supervisor on the safety and security of the chosen locations
- Inform the Center Supervisor about any health issues that could arise among children
- Identify children requiring case management and ensure safe referral to case management agencies or service providers.
Handle tracking, reporting on activities and filing
- Collect data on the activities organized and ensure that all the relevant forms are duly filled
- Ensure all project means of verifications (MOV) including registration sheets, attendance sheets, SDQs, evaluation documents… are in place.
- Support the PSS animator in administering SDQs at the beginning and the end of each cycle
- Enter all project related MOV into the system.
- Support the PSS animator in filling and archiving specific forms for referrals and weekly reporting, ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness.
Perform other duties as required
- Safety and Security responsibilities
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager
- Be aware of the emergency procedures in a response and ensure that necessary preparedness measures have been implemented after coordination with Project manager
- Attend and participate in weekly reporting and planning meetings to ensure adherence to standards of care, quality PSS and referrals, and reporting requirements are followed
- Attend and participate in local and international training and capacity building events as needed
- Attend and participate in spiritual nurture events and other organizational events
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree in a social development related field, (kindergarten, psychology, sociology, social sciences/humanities, specialized education or social animation)
- One year work experience in implementing recreational activities, psychosocial activities with children
- Capable of dealing with children who have experienced war distress (education in emergency preferable
- Knowledge on Child Protection and Psychosocial Support Programs
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to create and work as a team.
- Creative and able to come up, embrace and coordinate innovative thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of word and excel
- Driver’s license holder
- 75% field work and 25% Office work.
- Position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/lebanon/education-and-life-skills/animator-assistant/5526