Responsible for the development and day-to-day maintenance and enhancements of the application systems in test and production operations, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issues resolution or escalation. Responsibilities also include root cause analysis, management communication, and client relationship management in partnership with Infrastructure Service Support and Operations team members. Ensures all production changes are made in accordance with lifecycle methodology, version control, appropriate testing, and risk guidelines. Acts as an internal expert in terms of the assigned system and is responsible for knowing what changes have been made to the base system. Plays a critical role in delivering high-quality service and support to various levels of internal users. Conducts technical and analytical work in developing, designing, and/or analyzing technical solutions for clients. Assesses new software products and solutions. Duties include participation in client needs assessments, evaluating hardware and platform availability, and software requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation, development and implementation of company systems, including custom developed, off-the-shelf, and/or hosted solutions.
- Participates in code and design reviews.
- Develops new system components to include graphic user interfaces, software programs, database interfaces and reports.
- Troubleshoots basic software malfunctions, maintaining existing programs and make appropriate modifications based on changes in business environment, equipment, personnel and/or errors in existing programs.
- Ensures the consistent and reliable use of all code management and library systems assuring available, reproducible and reusable programs.
- Coordinates with company employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Works with IT (ITIL Lifecycle) and project teams to analyze and clarify operational and platform requirements.
- Executes development process for assigned work products within the scope of change/release management for enhancements and projects.
- Ensures system documentation is up to date, including data related to incidents and enhancements.
- Updates system documentation per the change/release process.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Assists management to determine goals and objectives, and then design applications to meet them.
- Assists in the development of application specifications, identify the required inputs and format the output to meet users’ needs.
- Assists in the development of cost- benefit and return-on-investment analyses to determine the feasibility of implementing proposed technology solutions.
- Learns new technologies to support 3rd party applications as they become part of the application portfolio.
- Problem Solving & Impact:
- Establishes a positive relationship by exercising an appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Works with own specialty with the ability to integrate and coordinate elements within that specialty.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the standard technology and systems in place.
- Contributes to the support of the operation.
- Obtains relevant information from client in order to sufficiently document problem to technical expert. Independently resolves routine problems.
Works as a team member by doing own share of work and listening to and acting on expressed needs.
Typically reports to a Manager or Associate Director.
Education: Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Related Field.
- 2– 5 Years of work experience.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Experience in use of programming languages and platform technologies.
- Prior experience working in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands:Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-25 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Travel Requirements:Less than 10%