Apply for the IHF Thailand Children’s Home Program
The city of Chiang Rai is located inside the Golden Triangle, the meeting point of the borders of Laos, Myanmar, and Thailand, an ancient center of trade and rich cultural history. In a mountainous region filled with lush dense jungles, and breathtaking waterfalls you will have the exclusive opportunity to work and live in this diverse and captivating region. Chiang Rai is unique as its population is made up of people from various ethnic backgrounds and is heavily influenced by the culture of the remote hill tribes who populate the province.
- IHF has been operating it’s Center in Chiang Rai, Thailand since 2004 and has been working in some capacity with the Hill Tribes of Northern Thailand since 1984, providing providing a safe home for children of these marginalised stateless communities and enabling them to access free high quality education and medical care. Volunteers who sign up to donate their time at our IHF Thailand Center make a very real impact during their stay participating in any or all of the following local tasks:
- Provide hands on help with the Center's day-to-day operations
- Participate in a cultural exchange, organizing special games and activities with our children
- Help supplement our children’s education by leading our evening English studies
- Experience a unique opportunity to visit with and learn about the hill tribe communities our children are from
- Volunteers will lend a hand helping out with repair and maintenance tasks around the center, ensuring that it remains a home for our family of volunteers, staff and children who live there
- Train in the core components of an international organization (including management skills, policy and procedures, finance, fundraising, media & PR, donor relations, and recruitment)
- Be responsible for the management, design and implementation of community led projects linked to your academic and or professional skills and experience
- Manage local volunteers and shape their experience at our IHF Thailand Center
- The program requires requires a minimum time commitment of 4 months, though we encourage volunteers to stay for up to 1 year or more.
In addition to making a notable difference in the lives of the children we serve, you will also have access to the following benefits:
- Certificate of program completion
- Letter of recommendation upon request
- Acquire leadership and management capacities that will enable you to lead in the ever-changing global environment
- Gain practical experience in an NGO environment
- Interact with locals, experience a different culture, and build cultural awareness
- Join a global network of IHF volunteers and alumni
- Build a global network with people from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds
IHF is looking for individuals who can commit to the minimum four month program with a strong interest in global leadership.
At-Home Volunteers- Not sure if you are ready to travel and live as a volunteer at one of our centers? No problem! IHF is searching for At-Home Volunteers to support our mission remotely by committing 2-3 hours per week from their homes around the world. An At-Home volunteer should have access to a dependable computer, wifi connection, and experience with Google Suites applications is a plus.
- Volunteers accepted to this program will have:
- Confidence using the English language (both spoken and written)
- A passion for international development with a particular emphasis on universal education
- Proficiency in Google Suite applications
- The means to live in country at one of our centers for the duration of your program
- An open-mind, with an interest in learning not just about the community, but from the community
- Have a commitment to our Core Values
- Previous international travel and volunteer experience is a plus
- Career development goals aligned with IHF’s mission
- Accommodation and meals, prepared by a local member of staff, are included in this program. Additionally, you are free to eat outside of the center at your own expense.
- Not included are your travel costs to and from our IHF Center, immunizations, travel insurance, visa fees, and any spending money you wish to bring with you.
Note: Due to the nature of our work with children, should your application be accepted we do require a clean criminal background check which is less than 1 year old.
IHF accepts applicants on a rolling basis | Apply Here
For any other enquiries contact our Volunteer Team | Here
For more information | www.ihfonline.org