Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks an Area Coordinator based in Berlin, Germany. The position will work closely with members of the senior management team, will contribute to activities including project research, coordinate with partners, project reporting, coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations’ activities and adherence to logistic, and administration procedures.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Area Coordinator will report to the Research and Field Team Manager and will supervise approximately 8 field staff.
- Assist the Research and Field Team Manager in project implementation and ensure the project is meeting its quality standards;
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with local partners;
- Supervise approximately 8 field staff, provide clear guidance of priority tasks; communicate with them on a daily basis;
- Provide regular updates and progress reports on implementation of the project;
- Ensure smooth and effective coordination within the program management team;
- Assist in organizing and facilitating kickoff meetings with Community Based Organizations, review partnership requirements related to reporting; procurement; monitoring; and invoicing; and
- Provide and organize periodic debriefings with the Implementation Manager and training events with field team.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University level education or demonstrated equivalence in professional experience/ability;
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience working with emergency and/or development projects;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience implementing projects in conflict zones;
- Experience in managing field teams remotely;
- Arabic native speaker with strong English language skills required;
- Strong organizational, management, and administrative skills, sub-award documents, report writing, meeting deadlines and work under pressure;
- Experience in communicating effectively with low-capacity partners and provide targeted capacity building support; and
- Strong computer skills required software skills.