Area Director - Point of Care
Roche, Indianapolis, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Provides leadership, strategic direction, and manages the attainment of sales, customer satisfaction, customer retention, and profit objectives. Also responsible for providing effective, overall vision and strategic direction for assigned area. Ensures that the ongoing needs of partnership development with potential and existing high value customers are consistently and effectively addressed. Has direct responsibility for leading and managing other sales managers and oversees personnel strategies including hiring, career development, coaching, evaluation, and promotion decisions. Must work collaboratively with internal partners to communicate and generate awareness of industry trends that may impact sales and product success. Provides strategic decision making, leadership and planning including the efficient and effective use of resources. Achieves results through the leadership of managerial, professional and/or support staff. Delegates responsibilities to subordinate staff. Sets policy and strategy for own department. Has full HR responsibility for direct and indirect reports. Has full budget responsibility for assigned functional area or departments. Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
This is a field based role - the region is the Midwest - you must live within the region to be considered for this role.
- Builds strong, high level relationships with high value customers to ensure the efficient execution of business plans and profit objectives. Identifies and manages prospective new business opportunities.
- Coaches, leads, and develops direct reports and field team. Directs hiring, staffing, training, and performance evaluations directly and through department managers.
- Leads the development and implementation of successful solution-based sales strategies. Promotes cross-divisional communication and tactical planning to maximize total product portfolio penetration.
- Ensures that all key strategies are executed as designed. Articulates and aligns strategic plans and ensure that they are implemented effectively.
- Creates and promotes a collaborative internal environment.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of department and maintain accountability for budgetary requirements.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years relevant sales or equivalent experience with demonstrated success
- 5+ years management experience with demonstrated strong competency and proven track record in sales management and leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
- Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
- Strategic planning and organizational skills
- High levels of sales proficiency and industry specific experience