Area HR/Admin Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council, Aden, Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
The HR/ Admin Coordinator is responsible to oversee, manage, develop and strengthen all HR and Admin functions in order to provide efficient and effective Human Resources and Administration support to the NRC Aden Area office and ensure that the HR system is according to NRC standard to support programme/project implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to NRC’s HR and admin policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits schemes etc.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers etc.
- Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant.
- Ensure that staff records in all offices in the area are up to date and filed appropriately.
- Ensure accuracy of staff salaries at Area level and/or prepare staff salaries.
- Training, support, control and development of HR/Admin teams in the area.
- Support and train of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management.
- Management of the HR/Admin team.
- Provide regular HR and admin analysis and reports.
- Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices.
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Oversee all HR & Admin management and provide guidance and support.
- Guide management team and line managers on HR processes such as recruitment; induction; staff development; performance management and roll-out the related training whenever required.
- Be responsible of all area national staff and ensure recruitment plans are in place.
- Develop area staff capacity building plan, training calendar and coordinate internal and external trainings.
- Ensure HR compliance with the national labor law, tax and social security regulations.
- Develop archiving systems for NRC files in the line with NRC’s global requirement.
- Participate on the area staff salary mapping.
- Participate on developing the area organogram and provide guidance according to NRC global standards.
- Ensure prorate records and monitoring of staff attendance, leave and timesheets.
- Provide technical HR advice and ensure quarterly field visits to all NRC Aden area field offices locations.
- Ensure timely payments of the staff salaries, taxes, social security, etc.
- Coordinate with HR focal point persons on ground where necessary, clearance of staff separating from the organization, including exit interviews and final dues payment.
- In consultation with the area support manager and Area Manager and country HR team, address staff grievances and disciplinary measures.
- Work closely with admin focal points in field offices to ensure that NRC premises which include offices and guest houses are well managed.
- Be responsible of overall office and GH management.
- Ensure best living environment at NRC GH according to NRC global standards.
- Ensure best work environment and sitting arrangements at NRC offices.
- Be responsible of all visas, work permits and residencies of NRC international staff at area level.
- Oversee flight and accommodation arrangement.
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration and/or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR officer/coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the context in Yemen.
- Knowledge of relevant government laws and directives.
- anaging resources to optimize results.
- Managing performance and development.t
- Handling insecure environments.
- Empowering and building trust.