PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of the position is to provide overall leadership to the Bekaa Field Office in Lebanon, by overseeing the Area Development Program (ADP) Teams as well as all Grants project teams. To facilitate the transformational development process, by applying an integrated approach to community development, emphasizing the process of community participation, ownership, and sustainability.
To lead the business development and expansion in Bekaa area in close coordination with the Field Operations Director, Program Development & Quality unit and other National Office functions as relevant.
To provide leadership and oversight to project design and to develop short and long-term plans to ensure that all initiatives are implemented in line with WVL’s National strategy and standards of community ownership and sustainability.
To work closely with the Portfolio managers on all projects’ implementation aspects, and to provide direct guidance and supervision to the field administrative & fleet teams.
To significantly engage in local networking and partnering to facilitate and promote WV’s presence, visibility and acceptance in the area.
- Ensure quality of programs and projects in Bekaa while maintaining potential growth options
- Provide overall leadership to the implementation of the World Vision’s (WV) programs across all funding streams and in response to Syrians and local communities programs in Bekaa
- Ensure optimal operational and financial performance of on-going projects through a combination of support, monitoring, and technical assistance to address implementation challenges.
- Contribute in the overall programs planning process with direct field staff and NO functions to ensure alignment with context, humanitarian needs and strategy as well as operational feasibility and technical quality.
- In coordination with the support functions, ensure program adherence to financial, procurement and administrative policies.
- Approve and evaluate Areas’ Budgets, expenditures and accomplishment of programs objectives
- Support Field Operations Management Team in ensuring high standards of quality programming in alignment with WVL’s strategy, World Vision’s and donors’ guidelines and standards.
- Ensure that recommendations from audit reports and audit findings (relating to program operations) and program/project evaluations are addressed and implementation plans developed for the recommendations of the reports are in place and accomplished to actively manage risks.
- Lead the implementation of WVL plan for Bekaa area in close coordination with the Field Operations Director and other relevant NO functions.
- Evaluate current operational capacity and systems in Bekaa area including the projects load and human resources.
- Ensure the current sponsorship model for Bekaa area is efficient and effective while taking into consideration geographical focus, vulnerability and SO engagement.
Handle External Engagement in the Area:
- Actively pursue and develop internal and external networks consistent with the vision, mission, core values, and overall organizational objectives.
- Actively engage in identifying new partners and donors while maintaining the current programming that WVL operates in.
- Build and maintain relationships with local authorities, community representatives, NGOs, donors and other stakeholders to ensure strong and effective working relationship, program’s sustainability, and to maximize the financial and technical resources and develop a synergy for effectively serving the community
- Develop external engagement plan for Bekaa area that includes communication and visibility plans in close coordination with the External Engagement Unit.
Handle Team Management & Development:
- Select, coach, develop and manage a strong team, building a culture of empowerment, high performance, openness, transparency, accountability, and mutual support.
- Provide leadership in maintaining positive, constructive and supportive communication with all teams.
- Lead and participate in the recruitment, selection and development of key operations staff.
- Effectively manage the performance of direct reports, ensuring performance agreements, regular performance reviews, and annual appraisal are finalized and submitted on a timely manner
- Ensure optimization of subordinates’ potentials through coaching, on-the-job training, and capacity building.
Perform other duties as required:
- Attend trainings locally and internationally.
- Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University degree in a field related to community development or social work (preferably in the field of sociology, social work, public health, agriculture/rural development, economics, etc.).
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience with international development and relief fields in a similar management role, preferably within NGO.
- Strong experience in managing and supervising staff
- Experience in Project Cycle Management and report writing
- Experience in supporting Area Development Programme and grant-funded projects’ Management.
- Good written and oral English and Arabic communications skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes or similar database, email and Internet.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of project design, project management, and project implementation
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with major NGOs, donors, and government agencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate.
- Good understanding of the community Development concept and practices
- Good understanding of emergency relief operations and grants management
- Strong cross-cultural sensitivity
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and humanitarian mandate.
- Adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full adherence to security protocols
- Excellent proven track record of donor relations with multiple donors.
- Clear understanding of the workings of major donor perspectives, requirements and standards.
- Proven skills as a facilitator of community development and human development processes
- This role involves the management of a field office with a large team in different relief and development projects.
- 60% of the time in the field and 40% in the office.