NRC currently has more than 2,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria . As a leading humanitarian organization, we support displaced persons by implementing programs across the Shelter, Education, Food Security, Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
NRC Syria Response Office is looking for an Area Support Manager, that will actively contribute to the area office’s strategy. As a member of the senior management team, the Support Manager will share the responsibility to establish and maintain work systems that ensure maximum impact for people affected by the conflict.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Line management for support staff such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics (incl. ICT)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Facilitate the support functions’ strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and coordinate and align operational support with programme plans
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation
- Facilitate the Master Support Budget, country level budgets and BPO development, including assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs
- Responsible for the strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
- Responsible for development of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools
- Responsible for organisational learning related to programme support
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the area office
- Provide input into proposals’ development at area office and country office levels
- With the Area Manager, ensure that the area office’ work processes are in place, understood by all staff, and carefully followed
- Responsible for ensuring that HR, finance, logistics and administration systems provide relevant and adequate support to the area office’s programmes throughout the whole project cycle
- When requested by the Area Manager, represent NRC externally
- Responsible for corruption mapping and mitigation practices and procedures in the programme
- Ensure adequate and fit-for-purpose support strategy rooted in national staff capacity development
- Ensure that all rules, regulations, routines, procedures, SOPs are accessible to and known by all staff
Our ideal candidate
A committed individual with experience from working as a Senior Manager in humanitarian/recovery and volatile contexts. A solid knowledge of HR, finance, including allocation of resources and being a costs expertise, and logistics routines in the humanitarian context will help you to succeed in this role. Likewise, the ability to process large amounts of liquid data, along with the experience in implementation of humanitarian projects/programmes. Finally you will have a knowledge of the context in Syria and Middle East, excellent communication skills and fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Personal qualities: A strategic thinker, who manages resources to optimize results. An individual capable of managing performance and development whilst empowering and building trust.