Background Information - Job-specific
The United Nations Office for Project Services - UNOPS, offers project management, procurement and support services to UN agencies, international financial institutions, governmental and non-governmental organizations. As a United Nations entity, UNOPS is an international public intergovernmental organization, which is not for profit.
The mission of UNOPS is "to help people improve their living conditions and countries to achieve sustainable development." The vision of UNOPS is “it is a world in which people can lead a full life thanks to adequate, sustainable and resilient infrastructure, as well as the efficient and transparent use of public resources in the area of procurement and project management”.
The UN General Assembly recognized that UNOPS can provide added value by providing efficient and effective services to development partners, in the areas of project management, human resources, financial management and shared services. He also reconfirmed the role of UNOPS as "a central resource of the United Nations system in the management of procurement and contracts, as well as in the development of civil works and physical infrastructure, including relevant capacity development activities."
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Procurement Associate, the Procurement Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support in a variety of procurement and contracting processes and / transactions of goods, services and works for the Business Unit.
- Procurement support services
- Customer relations / Stakeholder management
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Procurement support services
- It offers a variety of specialized and non-specialized transactional support services, which ensures consistency and quality of work steps completed, as well as an optimal flow of information:
- Assist in the drafting of tender documents, evaluation reports and contract award presentations, ensuring consistency in format and content.
- Process procurement transactions in the UNOPS corporate, e-Sourcing and OneUNOPS system.
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTA or its Amendments.
- Receive, review, record and route incoming communications and purchase requests / invoices.
- Prepare reports, tables, graphs, etc. applying technical skills and knowledge in formatting and presentations.
- Prepare statistics and reports, including the volume of purchases.
- Carry out a routine follow-up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor.
- Publish bids and purchase awards.
- Maintain status reports on procurement activities and work in progress.
Customer Relations / Stakeholder Management
- Actively work with clients to provide and exchange information on a variety of problems in procurement processes and transactions, to provide correct and timely services.
- Provide standardized procurement services, guidance and information to the Business Unit staff on routine processes and procedures.
Knowledge creation and knowledge exchange
- Carry out a routine follow-up action in matters of procurement GC or Knowledge Management on behalf of the supervisor and inform the supervisor about their status.
- Administratively support the organization in matters of training and learning initiatives for procurement personnel.
Education / Experience / Language requirements
- Full secondary education studies are required.
- University degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management or relevant disciplines is considered a plus and can replace some of the required years of experience.
Work Experience :
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in procurement support services in national public or corporate organizations or international organizations is required.
- Experience within UNOPS or the United Nations System in operational and / or procurement areas is considered a plus.
- Desirable experience in the use of Google Suite package and / or management systems.
- Spanish language proficiency required
- Knowledge of English is desirable requirement.