OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To support the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between WHO and Project Fiduciary and Administrative Agency - AFAP under the Project STP COVID-19 Emergency Response Project (P173783), regarding the planning, organization, coordination of financial project activity and to ensure transaction under GSM platform and to deliver and interpret financial report and also to support program manager regarding the due compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision of the budget and finance officer and general guidance of the Operations Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:1. Support financial management through;
- Maintenance of financial records and financial transactions and ensure e-Imprest records are up-to-date and fully balanced;
- Processing of VAT and other receivable due to the Organization to ensure that are promptly recovered e.g. Staff telephone bills;
- Processing of service providers' invoices and monitors all requests for payments, ensuring that all supporting documents (invoices, contract, act of acceptance, etc.) are attached and properly signed, stamped and are in accordance with the applied rules, before making any payments;
- Reconciliation of bank accounts; response to enquiries; provision of advice and guidance to clients in the Country Office and performing closely related tasks;
- Contribution to the development of direct implementation (DI) or other applicable documents in accordance with the MoU and WHO procedures for the implementation of Project activities;
- Verification of financial transactions and returns e.g. DIs, Travel Claims to the WHO country office for accuracy and compliance with the financial rules and regulations, manual and operating procedures of organization;
- Management of correspondences and responses to queries on office accounts and financial transactions as required;
- Generation of scheduled and ad hoc Global Management System reports and special reports as required to facilitate financial implementation analysis;
- Advice and assistance to staff on various financial processes, controls and operations in the GSM environment;
- Review and process various requests submitted by budget centers over the awards life cycleincluding Donor Proposal/Agreement Clearance, Award Activation (AAR), AwardDistribution (ADR), Work plan funding, Award Amendment (AMR), Expenditure Batches (EB), Certified Financial Statements (CFS), Management Financial Reports (MFR).
- Ensure full compliance of transactions from the Budget Centers to the WHO rules and regulations, policies and procedures; ensure proper control of supporting documentation and adequate documenting/recording of controls performed.
- Participate in monthly analysis to identify potential Oracle Labor Distribution (OLD) issues and recommend solutions/actions to resolve the issues.
- Follow-up to ensure that actions to resolve the issues are executed by the Budget Centers in a timely manner.
- To support the Office in performing financial analysis and make recommendations; and compile periodic reports to Budget Centers (Awards Receivables, Awards Expired/Expiring, Funds Not Yet Available, Encumbrances, In Kind/In Service Awards, Carry Forwards, etc.) and follow-up to ensure that required actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Keep abreast of all developments in WHO rules, regulations, policies, procedures and systems related to the areas of work. Support the continuous improvement of rules and regulations around areas of work through identification of current and emerging issues.
- Maintain financial records and financial transactions relating to area of work in the Global Management System (GSM) environment;
- Assist staff on various financial processes, controls and operations in the GSM environment in the areas of work. Respond to queries and correspondences on areas of work as required;
- To organize, with the support of the WHO Office, the administrative and financial process of the Project, including support for the report and the organization of supporting documents;
- Organize and implement the payment of the field activities on the ground, if needed.2. In collaboration with the WHO country team is responsible for promoting technical cooperation, generating interest and to support coordinating development assistance for health, taking into account global and regional strategies and WHO guidelines for emergencies in public health.
- It is also responsible for contributing to the collection, analysis and dissemination of health and financial information, in particular regarding this project in collaboration the project manager;3. Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
- Desirable: Diploma or higher education in accounting or finance will be an advantage.
- At least 8 years of experience in finance, Budgeting and/or accounting activities. and preferably with several years' experience inWHO in an administrative cluster to have a sound knowledge of its rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
- Desirable: Experience in other areas such as Administration, Program Management, Travel and Procurement would be an asset. Experience in WHO in an administrative cluster to have a sound knowledge of its rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources; to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to conceptualize and carry out tasks with little supervision; to provide financial analytical reports, using appropriate software; to interpret financial rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.