World Vision, Arua, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
To assist in providing financial and grant accounting support to the response in line with World Vision accounting policies & procedures and donor grants agreements. Liaise and support Senior Finance officer on all financial matters relating to the response.
- Provide grants and financial technical support to the response/grants program staff including on-the-job training in order to maintain accurate and reliable financial information.
- Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU & WVI financial policies and guidelines.
- Manage staff travel and business advances by ensuring accuracy, authenticity, completeness and timely retirement of advances and monthly Account Allocation in SUN,
- Provide the Senior Finance Officer (SFO) with monthly report highlighting the status of advances within the response.
- Prepare payment vouchers (using Voucher Interface) and allocate various response and grants expenses to different cost centers/grants in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies and donor requirements.
- Manage response petty cash in compliance with the WVI Finance Manual.
- Coordinate banking issues relating to response transactions
- Participate in the audit processes of the projects, particularly facilitating audit team members’ easy access to the project financial records.
- Code & Monitor budgets, record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditures are correctly charged to grants and that grants are not overspent.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner, per contracts and in conformance with donors/WVI policies.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing or a full professional qualification in ACCA, CPA, CMA or equivalent.
- A minimum of one years’ post qualification experience in grants accounting.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team player, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- A high level of integrity is required.