With over 45 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
As Assistant Controller Financial Operations, under the direction of the PSI Controller, you will be responsible for leading a team of approximately 5 to ensure the smooth running of Financial Operations for PSI’s HQ domestic and consolidated financial accounting team. The Financial Operations team has a broad portfolio of inventory, treasury and cash management, fixed assets and leases, investments and real estate.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, and will bring deep technical competency and experience in large complex organization. You should be a proven team leader, with experience working across multiple countries and cultures, who collaborates well across teams and functions. Candidates should be comfortable communicating with senior management, as well as having experience with government and donor regulations and compliance.
- Supervise the finance and accounting operations team including inventory, treasury and cash management, fixed assets and leases, investments and real estate.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely recording of financial transactions, in accordance with PSI’s global accounting policies, funder regulations, accounting standards and other regulations as required;
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of the month end close process, including validation of interfaces and account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with the Controller and other members of the Finance team, and other departments, to identify and implement process improvements and ensure audit findings are tracked and implemented within the financial operations team;
- Work within Finance and Accounting, and with the Field Finance team and other departments as necessary to updated, develop, distribute and train on PSI’s Global Accounting Policies.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are developed and training provided to support the implementation of PSI’s policies;
- Analyze financial data and prepare inventory analysis reports which support PSI management and operational needs, such as Social Enterprise;
- Support Controller and Assistant Controller Reporting and Audit in all audits as required;
- Ensure that financial statements are prepared in an efficient manner, leveraging technology and ERP system, in collaboration with the Controller, PSI’s Deputy Director Financial Systems and Special Projects, as well as PSI’s Technology team;
- Supervise a team of accounting professionals with full personnel management responsibilities
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA required
- 12 years minimum of accounting and supervisory experience in public accounting, government contracting or non-profit organizations, preferably including inventory or cost accounting background
- In-depth knowledge of finance, accounting principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of complex automated financial and accounting reporting systems (Infor Lawson, Oracle, SAP or similar ERP experience highly desirable);
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, including familiarity with Uniform Guidance, and donor regulations such as those of the Global Fund, DFID, KfW;
- Demonstrated experience developing comprehensive financial management and accounting training courses for accounting, non-accounting and management staff
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively interact with senior management and individuals with varying degrees of financial knowledge
- Ability to communicate with C-suite level
- Excellent organizational skills and strong customer service focus;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Must have the ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment;
- Ability to travel globally (approximately 15% travel).
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.