World Health Organization, Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The office of Budget and Finance provides full range of administrative and financial support and services to all regional activities and programmes to facilitate the achievement of WHO objectives. Budget and Finance Unit including the Staff Health Insurance (SHI) provides support services necessary for the efficient functioning of the Organization.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision of the Finance Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Process assigned SHI claims (envelope and on-line submission) in accordance with the Staff Health Insurance rules, based on daily distribution in the range of 20-30 claims per day;
- Submit report and related documents to Insurance Officer, Medical Adviser and GlobalStanding Committe through SHI/HQ on claims/reimbursements requiring exceptional approval and send follow-ups on pending issues;
- Provide efficient administrative support related to SHI including issuance of Letter of Guarantee to hospitals and service providers, reply to queries and requests, and update of SHI reference and monitoring folders;
- Assist on urgent matters relating to SHI, providing back-up and support in the absence of team members; and
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Essential: Completed secondary education or equivalent with thorough training in business administration, accounting and/or clinical nursing.
- Desirable: University degree in business administration or commerce with specialization in accounting/financial management or nursing. Professional qualification or licensure in his/her field of education is an advantage.
- Essential: Minimum of three years of accounting/financial management and/or health insurance claims processing, preferably in a large organization.
- Desirable: Accounting/finance from other United Nations agencies/international organization or with a year or two clinical nursing experience an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of WHO Staff Health Insurance Rules and administrative rules and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, respect for confidentialities and cultural differences.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and interpret source documents and data.
- Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at PHP 511,035 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.