PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position will support global centre reporting and analysis of national office financial data by developing specialized and complex templates that will be used by both national offices and FRSC, reviewing and analyzing finance information from field offices, and preparing and assessing specialized reports such as bank reconciliation and advances. Being the expert in the finance template, this position is expected to guide and advise offices on effectively using the templates, and in resolving issues that may arise.
This position will develop key measures in assessing and evaluating finance data reports and review and analysis of critical partnership reports of National/Regional/Offsite offices such as Bank Reconciliation and Staff Advances. This position will be responsible in the development, implementation, and maintenance of specialized accounting templates and provide assistance to aid and resolve associated issues.
This position will manage and administer the financial information from various finance tools.
- Conduct desk review/in depth review of national/regional/offsite office financial reports. Identify and monitor critical issues with significant inaccuracies and potential accounting shortfalls.
- Develop templates for various complex and comprehensive reports and identify how to improve, standardize and automate the existing templates as part of continuing business process improvement and efficiency.
- Serve as business owner/consultant and ensure users get maximum benefits from the templates developed.
- Manage, administer and maintain the compliance and consolidation of National/Regional/Offsite offices to be used by the partnership and other FRSC team members. This includes revision and correction, reconciliation and validation of financial information. This also includes researching, delving, and establishing of needed procedures to enhance current data gathering and analyses.
- Manage financial information in WV Central NO Reporting sub-site, Sharepoint and Financial Reporting Service Center database in Lotus Notes.
- Aid in the preparation and review of year end closing process and documents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's or University Degree in Accounting.
- Has an extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of finance and accounting.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organization aptitudes.
- Competent on financial reporting and analysis (Preferably someone who has good experience on data analysis).
- Has sufficient knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint, and has the ability to quickly learn and use other software packages like OLAP, PMQA, PowerPivot, PowerBI etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience preferably in an international NGO environment or the like.
- Has at least 6 months experience in developing templates using Microsoft Excel, Access or the like.
- Can thrive in a multi-cultural, geographically dispersed work environment.
- Able to work with several functional managers or stakeholders.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Preferably with experience in PowerBI and Sunsystems.
- Experience and knowledge on Advanced Excel.