ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT CONTROLLER
Solidarités International , France
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Accounting and treasury
In order to ensure the quality of the cost accounting and the management of the funds, the assistant management controller will have to carry out:
- The monthly review and control of the analytical accounting of the desk missions, ensuring the proper allocation of costs in accordance with internal SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL procedures and donor rules
- Monitoring grants, receipts, payments and reimbursements by keeping the receipt tracking table up to date
- The preparation of banking powers to be assigned to field teams
- Review and control of the liquidity needs of missions submitted to headquarters before transfer
Audit and administration
- Supporting the administrative tasks of the missions and the desk, the assistant will participate:
- Mission recording procedures, and the preparation of all necessary financial information
- Donor audits carried out at head office, and the preparation of all necessary financial information.
- Development of contracts with other NGOs involved in fund management, or inter-NGO facilities
Under the delegation of the management controller, the assistant may be required to participate in
- Review and control of project proposals prepared by the missions before submission to donors
- Review and control of contracts with donors before signing
- Review and control of budget monitoring of projects
- Review and control of interim and final financial reports prepared by desk missions before submission to donors
- Preparation of closing sheets for completed projects
- Review and control of contracts, reports and payment made to the partners implementing the missions.
- Review and control of the shared cost allocation table for each of the desk missions, as well as the budget monitoring of the mission
- The review and control of the financial elements of the programming of the missions, whether it be the forecast of expenditure volume or the financing needs excluding donor funding.
- Regularly visit the field missions of the desk missions, to provide technical support but also to take on financial responsibilities in the absence of a team member on site
- The validation and signature of Internal Purchase Orders (BCI) when the amount of the purchase requires it
- Review and control of financial reports submitted to local authorities in our countries of intervention
The assistant management controller will also be responsible for other tasks such as:
- Interim during the prolonged absence of a member of the Operations finance team.
- Briefings and debriefings of field teams at the start and end of their mission
- Higher education equivalent Bac +5 in finance, management or project management
- First experience in NGO at a financial position in the field desired.
- Proficiency in the most common office software (Word and Excel), good command of English
- Knowledge of SAGA accounting software is a plus