Designation:Assistant Manager - Accounts & Finance
Location:District / State office
Employment type:Renewable fixed term contract (24 months)
Report to:Manager : Operations & Deputy Manager - Accounts & Finance
Direct reportees:District Accountants
Established in 2007, Educate Girls (a project of 'Foundation to Educate Girls Globally') is holistically tackling issues at the root cause of gender inequality in India's education system that has helped to ensure over 90% enrolment and higher attendance as well as improved school infrastructure, quality of education and learning outcomes for all girls.
Our comprehensive model helps communities assess their school situation, initiate action plans and empowers them to sustain positive results at the lowest cost. Educate Girls believes that if girls in the most backward gender gap districts are educated now, they will have the potential to enter the formal economy, gain employment and lift their families out of poverty. By leveraging the government's existing investment in schools, Educate Girls delivers measurable results to a large number of beneficiaries and avoids duplication or parallel delivery of services.
Because of the sustainability and scalability of the model, Educate Girls has grown from a 500-school pilot project in the Pali district of Rajasthan to now serving thousands of schools, reaching millions of children in some of India's most remote areas. The non-governmental organization has a management and outreach office in Mumbai and operations in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and is committed to launching interventions in multiple new geographies across India over the coming years.
The Assistant Manager - Accounts & Finance is the finance in-charge for the regional operations. S/he handles the regional finance flow and oversees payment processes as per organizational policies and procedures. S/he is also responsible for financial record-keeping and reporting, preparing budgets and managing expenditures.
- Develop and keep all financial documents at regional level
- Help and coordinate with district accountant to maintain tally entry
- Supervise and train district accountant to prepare district monthly MIS
- Prepare and consolidate monthly MIS report of the all district offices
- Ensure TDS compliances at district and state office
- Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc. at State office
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for program and for the organization.
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the Supervisor on budget expenditures.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Provide financial inputs for logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual activity based project budgets as well as Monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Handhold district accountants and conduct a monthly audit of district books
- Liaise with district accountant, prepare, collate data/ reports as and when required by Head Office
- Education and other required qualifications/experience:
- Hold a B Com Accounting degree, MBA Finance/ Accounts preferred
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in handling accounts function
- Good knowledge of computer - Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Good Report writing skills
- Methodical and rigorous
- Ability to manage stress and responsibility
- Know the law and accounting system of India and Adhere to company policies
- Know principles of security related to financial activities
- Must be a team player and keep their eyes focused on the wider goals of the organization.
- A high level of accuracy and the ability to keep detailed file notes.
- Must be capable of interpreting information, with a competent level of problem solving ability
- Good Communication Skills both Oral and Written
- Interested candidates with relevant experience are to e-mail their CVs and covering letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please clearly state the role that you are applying for in the email subject line.
- Please clearly mention current/last drawn compensation and expected compensation.
- For further details about organization please visit www.educategirls.ngo
"Educate Girls is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position."