Assistant Manager Internal Audit
Grant Thornton, Luxembourg
Closing Date for Applications:
Our BRS (Business Risk Services) activities are growing in line with an overall focus on compliance, enhanced regulation, and Best practices. We are looking to expand and strengthen our team with an experienced Internal auditor. As Assistant Manager you will ensure that works allocated as part of your client portfolio are carried out in a timely basis in accordance with the firm’s professional standards and to the satisfaction of clients. Further, to ensure your team are managed and developed to the maximum of their potential and to assist in the development of the office.
- Run internal audit reviews from start (risk assessment) to finish (report issuance);
- Proactively interact with the client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements;
- Supervise, train and mentor seniors and juniors on internal audit processes and assess performance of staff;
- Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process;
- Maintain a healthy working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to deliver value-added audit services;
- Adheres to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality;
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Master’s degree in accounting, audit & control, or finance and / or economics;
- At least 5 years of experience in internal audit and/or in external audit in the financial sector;
- Motivation to work towards the professional qualification of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and possibly other audit-related certification (CISA,…) which will be supported by our firm;
- Fluency in English and French or German is mandatory;
- Good command of Microsoft office suite;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong project management and organisational skills;
- Ability to work alone and coach, mentor and manage a team of seniors and juniors.