Department O Background
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Country Office for Pakistan (COPAK) is tasked with assisting Pakistan through its Country Programme (CP - 2) 2016-19 with a focus on illicit trafficking and border management, criminal justice and drug demand reduction and HIV/AIDS. In the context of implementation of the CP, there is a large number of procurement cases to be handled and prepared. To address the office’s need for operational support in the area of procurement, the office requires the services of an Assistant Procurement Officer.
The objective of the position is to conduct procurement cases under the Country Programme as part of the COPAK Core Team, ensuring compliance with the UN regulatory frameworks for procurement and financial rules and regulations. The Assistant Procurement Officer will report to the Procurement officer.
The Assistant Procurement Officer will undertake the following duties and responsibilities under supervision of the Procurement Officer:
- Support Procurement officer to ensure compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNODC/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Support procurement officer in timely and duly preparation of the procurement plans for the Project and monitoring of its implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Management of procurement contracts.
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched.
- Development of the rosters of suppliers, consultants, technical experts, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Close collaboration with other team members to ensure delivery of services and goods that meet requirements and responsiveness to changing circumstances.
- Timely identification of potential bottlenecks and issues. Preparation of document for submission of :
- Prior Approvals
- Import Tax exemptions
- Sales tax Exemptions
- Staff Vehicle registrations and De-registrations
- Export Permissions of Personal Effect and HHG
- Follow-up and closure of exemption case with handover of certificates to respective entities. Conduct procurement cases from start to end under supervision of the procurement officer.
- Follow up on delivery of goods and services and negotiate with vendors as appropriate;
- Creation of purchase orders (PO) and contracts and placement of order.
- Updating COPAK procurement record.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree financial management, business administration, supply-chain management or other related degree
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme implementation procurement, grant management, operations, business administration or tax compliance;
- Familiarity with United Nations regulatory frameworks regarding procurement;
- Experience in handling inter-organizational relations and managing international suppliers;
- Good knowledge of Accounting software including Excel;
- Experience in procurement or financial management/accounting;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, with good analytical and communication skills;
- Proficiency in the use of information technology (word processing, spreadsheets and data management) and
- A very good understanding of United Nations regulatory frameworks regarding procurement would be preferred
- A good working knowledge of ERP/SAP based management system f Tourism,Government of Uttar pradesh
Methodology: The Assistant Procurement Officer will be based at the UNODC Country Office Pakistan, Islamabad.
Planning and Implementation Arrangements: The Assistant Procurement Officer will report to the Procurement Officer under the overall supervision of the Country Representative.