Assistant Program Coordinator
Internews Network, Thailand
Closing Date for Applications:
The Assistant Program Coordinator provides support for the regional and country-level projects and activities across Internews’ Asia portfolio, under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer, Asia. This includes responsibilities for liaising partners working in the field of environmental journalism, journalist safety, and other program areas, as well as supporting administrative and logistical tasks, assisting other programmatic activities, business development and additional responsibilities as needed by the Internews team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supporting programmatic, administrative, logistical and book-keeping duties across various regional and country-level projects, including:
- Assisting with Grants & Contracts and other staff to administer small grants and stipends.
- Assisting with Human Resources and Finance Manager to administer Personal Service Contracts.
- Supporting travel logistics and arrangements, visa applications, and accommodations for meetings and events.
- Supporting project document and file maintenance including assisting financial tracking and progress towards various project deliverables.
- Assisting project field staff in areas such as research, correspondence, contract and procurement as requested.
- Assist with assessments, surveys, events and other project deliverables as needed.
- Assist with implementation of project activities including monitoring work plans and activity schedules, and communications with partners and funders.
- Assist with responding to requests for information from other departments within Internews and from external partners.
- Fulfill other tasks as assigned by the Senior Program Officer, Asia Regional Director and other project leads.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Relevant university degree required.
- 2-3 years programmatic, financial and administrative experience.
- International and/or INGO experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening.
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet tight deadlines, manage multiple assignments and time effectively.
- Ability to adapt to changing project and department needs and priorities.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member.
- Proficient in Windows Office Suite.
- Strong interest in media and environmental issues.
- Experience with ICT4D and technology are helpful.