ASSISTANT PROGRAM OFFICER
National Endowment for Democracy , Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Assistant Program Officer works as an integral part of CIMA within the overall framework of NED and is responsible for components of the CIMA mission, including partnership development, project coordination and administration, and knowledge management, as well as contributing to other CIMA functions, including report production, event management, and strategic outreach.
Project Management and Partnerships
- Work as part of the CIMA team to build and maintain partnerships with individuals and organizations working in media development;
- Support the Senior Director and Associate Director / Editor to conduct outreach to organizations, corporations and individuals involved in media development for possible collaboration on initiatives, events or special projects;
- Maintain a database of partners and collaborators;
- Support relationships with NED’s programs teams to keep abreast of media grantees;
- Support the Associate Director / Editor to develop consultant contracts and coordinate procurement processes.
Research and Writing
- Maintain contacts and working knowledge of issues related to media development;
- Provide written content for CIMA blog, CIMA reports and other content channels.
- Assist the Senior Director and Associate Director / Editor with the day-to-day operations of CIMA to ensure smooth and streamlined work processes, including assisting with the budget and processing contracts and payments;
- Manage knowledge resources, records, databases, and contact information;
- Support the hiring process for CIMA interns and supervise their tasks;
- Assist in preparations for and execution of CIMA events.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced studies or graduate certificate/degree preferred; and
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in international development or democracy assistance programs, with experience in international media development preferred;
- Experience in organizing working groups and conferences;
- Experience with project management tools and processes.