Assistant Program Officer
National Endowment for Democracy, Washington DC, United States
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The Assistant Program Officer (APO) will work with the regional director and program staff to manage the Endowment’s grants program for the Eastern European portfolio. The APO will assist in the vetting of proposals and the monitoring and assessment of grants; draft analytical and descriptive material for internal and external offices; track political developments in Eastern Europe, with emphasis on Belarus; and provide programmatic support to senior staff.
- Assist in the assessment and management of grants.
- Assist in tracking administrative and program budgets.
- Assist in the review of grant applications.
- Assist in the management of a portfolio of grants, including preparation of materials for review at quarterly board meetings.
- Coordinate and engage with other NED departments to further team priorities.
- Monitor grantees in the field through desk research and periodic travel.
- Maintain regular communication with grantees, other civil society organizations and contacts in the region.
- Provide general programmatic support for senior staff in fulfillment of the Endowment’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
- 2 + years of applicable programmatic experience.
- Significant field work experience, study, or travel.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, databases, and other applications.