Assistant to Team
World Health Organisation(WHO), Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Post:
- To provide clerical assistance to the Poliomyelitis Eradication Programme by updating and maintaining the manual and electronic filing systems, and making arrangements for collection of stool samples from the airport for transportation to the regional laboratory.
- The incumbent provides clerical and filing assistance to the Programme.
- Work is assigned by the supervisor who gives instructions on non-routine matters.
- Work is reviewed while in progress to ensure overall accuracy and that confidentiality is preserved.
Summary of Assigned Duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Administrative Assistant and overall guidance of the Administrative Officer, the duties are, but not limited to:
- Update, maintain and archive a wide range of polio files (soft and hard copies, including confidential files).
- Determine the need for creation of new files.
- Scan a wide range of polio documents to be sent to various stakeholders and archived in the polio archive/proxy.
- Photocopy, assemble and collate documents and correspondence
- Assist in the despatch of official correspondence and meetings' pouches
- Type file labels, indexes, files' list, files' contents, etc.
- Make arrangements for the collection of stool samples arriving by air cargo, for temporary storage at WHO and/or transportation to the Regional Reference Laboratory for testing.
Achievement Activities Include:
- Timely update and maintenance of all Polio files.
- Proper organization of the filing cupboards.
- Maintenance of Polio stored files
- Timely collection and dispatch of stool samples arriving by air cargo
- Essential: Completion of primary education.
- Desirable: Completion of secondary education.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
- Discretion and ability to preserve confidentiality
- Good organization and filing skills
- Ability to type in English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
- Essential: Limited experience in records management.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Good knowledge of Arabic.