Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
The Assistant Technical Officer, Case Management will provide programmatic and operational support in one of the three field sites. Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the case worker will engage clients including appropriate capture of the SGBV survivors’ stories, needs and concerns, and comprehensive communication on available services.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Engage family members of survivors’ and empower them with skills to help survivors’ cope.
- Engage clients to capture stories, needs and concerns, and communicate on available services.
- Facilitate referrals to critical services meeting survivors’ needs.
- Provide individual counseling to survivors’
- Coordinate with a range of actors to ensure that safe and confidential services are made available and access to survivors of GBV and vulnerable individuals.
- Assist in facilitating group PSS activities at safe spaces and in the community.
- Conduct quarterly activity review sessions with beneficiaries to identify what activities are working and what activities need to be improved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of SGBV and PSS in crisis situations.
- Experience in social work.
- Knowledge of Nigerian security and law enforcement, in regards to SGBV reporting and response.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa communications.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA/BS in social works with 1 to 3 years’ relevant experience in SGBV and PSS with a sound understanding of protection in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in social work is desired.
- Familiarity with Nigerian law enforcement systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.