Evaluates and manages new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, and alliances to make recommendations for new projects to be used for strategic business decisions. Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementation of strategic business objectives. Negotiates relationships with leading researchers in the field as consultants. Analyzes new market areas. In conjunction with senior scientific staff, plans and evaluates projects by determining market opportunities, development of new industries, customers, territories, etc.; determining the project's financial viability and planning a strategy. Develops objectives, policies and programs; initiates proposals, negotiations and presentations for the acquisition of opportunities and technologies. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Manages and coordinates business development efforts and staff to align with strategic goals for the company.
- Develops and manages relationships with donors and partners to ensure timely delivery of proposals and reports to make recommendations with business decisions.
- Provides technical support with writing, reviewing, proofing and editing technical proposals for consideration.
- Consults and assists management in the development of tools and mechanisms to support regional business development efforts.
- Implements and trains staff policies and procedures to achieve department and organizational goals.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with project and business management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, negotiate, and work well with others.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of complex scope that require in depth evaluation of data and various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques for obtaining results.
- Decisions made have significant implications for the management and operations of a division.
- Supervision Given/Received:
- Manages staff to meet departmental and organizational strategic goals.
- Contributes to decisions on the overall strategy and direction of the entire organization.
- Typically reports to a Director.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent • Business Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Typically requires 8+ years of business development experience with international and national regions.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO).