Associate Director SBCC
FHI 360, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Associate Director SBCC is a member of the IHSAN program team. S/he helps in implementation of IHSAN SBCC, ICT and Communication/Advocacy by assisting the DCoP. The Associate Director SBCC reports directly to the DCoP/Nutrition Director, FHI360.
- · Direct all SBCC activities in close coordination with IHSAN DCoP.
- · Support IHSAN project to develop and implement SBCC activities in all phases of the project and helps develop, maintain, and follow the indicators set in the workplan for SBCC activities.
- · Support the development of new indicators and advancement of SBCC activities.
- · Responsible for sharing best practices in nutrition, WASH and contribute to the knowledge base through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel and through participation in scientific forums and technical networks.
- · Developing or reviewing technical resource materials (e.g., training materials, SBCC plans, strategic documents, job aids) and programming tools to support meeting IHSAN project objectives.
- · Ensure high level technical assistance is provided to public sector partners and works with partners to develop/revise relevant strategies, integrate SBCC, design communication and messaging content.
Lead and ensure the process through which SBCC materials are pre-tested, proved effective and used efficiently and by the correct target group.:
- Collaborating with other technical specialists and stakeholders beyond the project to ensure coordination of materials and communication message strategies and avoid gaps and overlaps.
- Provide the needed field support to ensure SBCC activities are implemented by the subcontractors.
- Assume lead management role and direct responsibility for activities that develop new social and behavior change communication, advocacy and ICT materials or revise existing materials in direct coordination with key stakeholders.
- Ensure harmonization with government partners for SBCC activities and tracking of assignment completion.
- Work closely with private sector to engage them in SBCC activities anticipated by the project.
- Build the capacity of partners and subcontractors in the areas of SBCC.
- Work closely with WASH, Nutrition and Livelihood sections for inclusion of SBCC activities at national level in the relevant fields.
- Work closely with Nutrition, WASH, Livelihood, Comm/Advocacy, M/E and ISU (Implementation Support Unit) sections for advancement of SBCC activities.
- Work closely with ICT and Communication Advocacy team of IHSAN project to ensure proper dissemination of messages through the available and new platforms.
- Carry out other technical (i.e. helping the SBCC team in translation, adaption of messages, etc.) program or senior managerial tasks as assigned by the DCOP.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in the relevant field
- Master’s degree in health communications, public health, social sciences, international development, public policy, or a related field.
- 5-8 years of experience in relevant field.
- A minimum of 3-year experience in a supervisory or management position.
- Experience in designing and implementing in projects that include a strong behavior change communication component is required.
- Experience in providing technical assistance to project/government staff working on Social Behavioral Change