Associate Finance and Administration Coordinator
Asian Development Bank, Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping their developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
Position: Associate Finance and Administration Coordinator
The Associate Finance and Administration Coordinator will assist in the areas of financial management, general office administration, personnel administration, and other related matters. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff (IS) and Senior National Staff (NS).
- Maintains accurate and timely accounting records of INRM’s financial transactions relating to both operational and administrative budgets, according to ADB's guidelines and procedures.
- Reviews, verifies and validates within closely defined ADB procedures and guidelines the accuracy and propriety of supporting documentation in internal and external claims, payments and various other accounting transactions, including all medical claims and staff benefits.
- Processes transactions through preparation of appropriate disbursement or journal vouchers or other relevant payment documentation; carries out RM's daily banking functions (deposits, withdrawals, and reconciliation) and disbursements for RM's operational and administrative activities; and acts as the custodian of the petty cash;
- Prepares the necessary documentation for liquidation of monthly financial transactions; creates e-copies of vouchers and their supporting documentation; maintains the hard and e-filing systems on finance matters; Prepares the monthly bank reconciliation, and other reports to be sent to ADB HQ in a timely manner.
- Assists with the preparation of annual and mid-year operational and administrative budgets;
- Assists with the preparation and submission of regular and ad hoc reports requested by INRM management and ADB HQ including the budget utilization report
- Assists in the processing of mission authorization request (MAR), travel request authorization (TRA), and verification of request for reimbursement travel (RRBT) of INRM staff.
- Assists in negotiating, preparing, and safekeeping contracts and amendments to contracts for INRM's operational and administrative activities, including service contracts, supply contracts, and insurance;
- Maintains the inventory of all the RM fixed assets in coordination with ADB HQ and prepares periodic reports to be sent to HQ and for management review. Carries out yearly physical count.
- Assists in personnel records/ data analysis and follow up of personnel actions including i) recruitment ii) providing logistics and facilitation for International staff movements, iii) Monitoring of outsourced contractual staff requirements, iv) ensuring facilities relating to immunities and privileges for ADB and International staff, v) monitoring of staff benefits relating to medical and dental retainer arrangements, vi) ensuring tax exemptions for ADB and International staff, vii) staff training and attendance.
- Organizes the procurement of goods and services.
- Manages the contracts with the various vendors.
- Provides all administrative support to the PSOD staff including relocation, office space arrangements, travel, logistics, vehicle arrangements, banking and payments including travel advances.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, commerce or equivalent.
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience preferably in an international organization, of which at least 3 years are in financial accounting and general office administration and personnel administration.
- Good Knowledge and experience in the financial accounting area including preparation of vouchers, bank reconciliations, etc. and ability to handle the accounting function independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Good knowledge in commercial and administration matters.
- Familiarity with local languages and institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in team-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively.
- Flexibility/willingness to perform variety of tasks and expand the scope of work and responsibilities as needed.
- Proficiency in the use of technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics, PowerPoint and web-browsing and search engines.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6 - 7.