Associate Financial Control Analyst
Asian Development Bank(ADB), Headquarters, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
- To review and process loan and grant withdrawal applications (WA) including applications for imprest account advance/liquidation, reimbursement, and direct payment and assist in coordinating processing and administrative activities related to loan and grant disbursement
- Processes withdrawal applications of loan and grant under VIE projects by critically reviewing WAs under various disbursement procedures, ensuring compliance with loan and grant regulations, disbursement procedures, and other service level standards.
- Inputs relevant data into ADB loan financial information system (LFIS) or grant financial information system (GFIS) and vouchers the payment, uploads withdrawal applications (WA) in eStar to Controller’s Department in headquarters for further processing, liaises with internal and external contacts to follow up submission of missing documents or to clarify payment instruction.
- Process transactions through preparation of appropriate disbursement or journal vouchers or other relevant disbursement documentation.
Other Disbursement-Related Functions
- Contributes to efficient discharge of disbursement function, for example, by assisting with the analysis of disbursement trends on a national, provincial, sectoral and project basis; downloading data on loan disbursements, etc. for analysis of supervisor; assists in recording project accounts of executing agencies (EA) with ADB records, etc.
- Keeps track of deposits, liquidations and reconciliation under imprest accounts and prepares periodic reports.
- Monitors loan/grant accounts, including the operation of statement of expenditures (SOE) and imprest fund procedure and supports the SOE review, as required.
- Keeps updated records of all WAs received and processed to monitor status, and maintains relevant files in accordance with the existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Liaises with counterparts in the EAs on work related to disbursements; checks that contracts are consummate with withdrawal applications; drafts routine correspondence; assists in project implementation work as required.
- Draft various internal and external correspondences on disbursement-related matters for review by supervisors.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisors and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business administration, or finance; preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in banking, financial accounting or auditing preferably in international agencies.
- Proficient in ADB standard software programs and information technologies
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data, and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in ADB
People and leadership skills
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to establish and maintain productive contacts with appropriate officials of host government, donor agencies and executing agencies;
- Good communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Solid interpersonal skills and good command of written and spoken English