In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. AS to NS or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first performance review after staff has completed at least one full year in the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new position.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Indonesia Resident Mission within the Southeast Asia Department (SERD). SERD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Southeast Asian region. IRM supports country partnership and strategy (CPS), policy dialogue and client relationship, business development, knowledge management, project quality assurance, sector analytic work, and loan and technical assistance processing and administration in Indonesia.
- Support the processing of withdrawal applications under ADB's sovereign loans and grants by reviewing withdrawal applications, ascertaining eligibility of expenditures, verifying completeness and correctness of the documentation and accuracy of computation, in order to ensure conformity with relevant legal provisions, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Operation Officers on projection and reporting loans and grants by disbursement against projections.
- Review and comment on draft documents on issues relating to disbursement, and undertake research and analysis, as needed.
- Plan, organize, supervise and review the work of Administrative Staff to ensure uniform and consistent compliance with applicable policies and procedures; allocate staff duties, set up target dates, and provide adequate instructions in order to achieve peak performance.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, commerce or finance with Certified Public Accountant designation; preferably with Master's degree or equivalent.
- At least 6 years combined work experiences in disbursement, project administration, or related work experience in accounting or auditing.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of ADB's operations, administrative and disbursement policies and procedures.
- Ability to guide Administrative Staff and agency staff to deliver desired results with quality. Excellent command of oral and written communication skills in English. Ability to work collaboratively with teams as constructive team member.