Associate Financial Officer
International Finance Corporation , United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
- IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
- IFC Treasury and Syndications is a large and significant player in the international financial markets. The unit operates globally to deliver on IFC’s strategy to create markets and mobilize private capital for development. It manages over $100 billion in liquid assets, global market borrowings, and derivatives transactions, and is responsible for strengthening local-currency financing by arranging and executing local-currency and risk-management transactions for clients and raising third-party capital through innovative syndication and mobilization platforms.
- IFC’s Treasury Client Solutions Department is a client facing transaction structuring and execution team that provides IFC’s clients with innovative fixed-income solutions with a focus on debt capital markets. The group has global responsibility for derivative transactions, structured products, local currency solutions, and debt capital markets initiatives. The team takes pride in contributing to many innovative transactions across the region that provide meaningful solutions to IFC’s clients.
- The department is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated finance professional to join the EMEA team covering markets in Africa, Middle East, Europe and Central Asia. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of fixed-income professionals working in areas of strategic priority for IFC and facilitating innovative transactions across a wide variety of structures, asset classes, sectors and markets in the EMEA region.
- The position will be based in London.
- Structure, price and execute fixed income transactions for IFC’s clients including debt capital markets, structured products, interest rate and currency derivatives
- Build and maintain relationship with key stakeholders, including international investment banks, local banks, capital market firms, investors, and regulators
- Contribute to business development and market treasury products to internal and external clients
- Conduct market intelligence of local and international debt capital markets
- Manage the preparation and execution of IFC’s local currency bond issuances and the associated regulatory process
- Help design, maintain, and improve financial models to structure, evaluate, and price innovative transactions
- Provide training and knowledge management services to colleagues and external clients
- MBA/Master’s degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Economics, Financial Mathematics or related area.
- At least 4-8 relevant work experience in finance, preferable in fixed income (including derivatives) and/or structured products within an investment bank, rating agency, or other capital markets related institution;
- Highly motivated, results-oriented team player with an ability to multi-task and thrive in a transaction-driven environment and to pay attention to detail under tight deadlines;
- Solid theoretical and practical knowledge of fixed income markets including interest rate and FX derivatives and/or structured products;
- Strong data analysis and financial modeling skills;
- Good business judgment and good track record in transaction execution in an investment environment;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.