Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
His/her primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop, structure, and execute transactions to provide local currency financing solutions to IFC’s clients through debt capital markets, structured products and local currency derivatives.
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including international investment banks, local banks, capital market firms, investors, and regulators, at a senior level;
• Market treasury products to clients, regulatory agencies, and banks;
• Conduct market intelligence of local and international debt capital markets
• Manage the preparation and execution of IFC’s local currency bond issuances and associated approval process;
• Design, maintain and improve financial models to structure, evaluate and price innovative transactions;
• Provide training and knowledge management services to internal and external clients
• Master’s degree in Finance or Financial Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• At least 5 years finance experience, preferably in fixed income and structured finance within an investment bank, rating agency, or other capital-markets related entity;
• Prior knowledge (as evidenced by concrete transaction examples) of structured finance and/or debt capital markets, and enthusiasm for the development of domestic capital markets;
• Sound business judgment and strong negotiation skills, and good track record in transaction execution in an investment environment;
• Experience in emerging markets and/or familiarity with IFC’s investment process would be a plus;
• Strong analytical and problem solving capability;
• Excellent conceptual understanding of fixed income instruments and ideally derivatives and standard information platforms such as Bloomberg or Reuters;
• Good financial modeling skills and advanced knowledge of Excel and other statistical software packages is desirable;
• Proven ability to multi-task and work towards tight deadlines;
• Ability to travel frequently;
• Attention to detail, resourcefulness, and strong oral and written communication skills;
• Highly motivated, results-oriented self-starter with proven capacity for teamwork;
• Fluency in English is a must. Additional language skills would be a plus.
IFC offers rewarding careers in a challenging environment that allows for professional and personal growth with:
• An exciting opportunity to work in key areas of strategic priority within IFC;
• Exposure to a wide variety of transaction structures, asset classes, sectors and markets;
• Client focus with potential to participate in due diligence missions and negotiations;
• Work in a truly multicultural environment within IFC;
• Join in IFC’s mission to promote sustainable private sector investment in developing countries, creating opportunity and improve people’s lives;
• Exposure to cross-currency derivatives markets, local currency bond issuances, as well as structured finance transactions covering various asset classes and geographic markets;
• Facilitate first-time transactions in emerging markets.