Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Identifying new investment opportunities by studying financial statements and meeting with prospective issuers’ managements.
• Analysis and surveillance of eligible credits, including inter alia Supranationals, Sovereigns, Agencies, state-owned enterprises, private corporations and securitizations.
• Analysis of the legal and political environments for individual credits
• Develop and maintain financial models to monitor the creditworthiness of portfolio companies and prospective portfolio companies and/or securitization interests, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.
• Analysis of the various options for hedging foreign exchange and interest rate risk for CTMLM investments
• Daily reporting of global financial market news to the organization
• Opening accounts with dealers
• Establishing pricing sources and settlement procedures for various local bond markets
• Assisting with trade execution, monitoring of investments and capture in IFC’s systems
• Portfolio Monitoring and Reporting
• Trade execution and booking
• Repo trading
• BA in economics, finance or a technical field, e.g., engineering, Masters Degree preferred
• 3 or more years of experience analyzing investment opportunities in fixed-income markets or relevant work experience in financial analysis.
• Experience using FX swaps and OTC derivatives (interest-rate and cross-currency basis swaps) for hedging
• Professional experience in a trading related function or environment preferred
• Completion of a commercial bank fixed income training or IFC credit training course preferred
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to a fast trading environment.
• Understanding of macro-economics;
• Strong quantitative skills;
• Open to initiatives and risks; comfortable to operate in an open, team-based environment;
• Knowledge of Asian financial markets and proficiency in one or more Asian languages preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented