Associate Financing Partnerships Officer
Asian Development Bank, Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
The Associate Financing Partnerships Officer will provide support to facilitating sovereign cofinancing administration from external partners (bilateral, multilateral, and other concessional financing sources) for ADB-assisted loan, equity, grant, and technical assistance (TA) projects while matching external partner priorities and procedures with ADB project requirements. The incumbent will coordinate the submission of consolidated reports on project status and/or financial progress to the financing partners as per the relevant cofinancing agreements, and manage bank-wide systems and data on financing partnership. The incumbent will also support SDPF with strategic and project activities as required from time to time, including oversight of consultants. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff.
Support to Trust Fund Management
- Identifying and selecting projects and TAs for trust fund financing and monitor implementation of projects and TA under trust funds;
- Coordinating communication to financing partners and public on trust funds’ activities (e.g. trust fund reports and websites);
- Supporting preparation and review of project proposals, grant assistance reports and/or TA reports by trust fund applicants;
- Supporting to fund administration including management of bank accounts, foreign exchange fluctuations, fund inflows (installments and/or contribution remittances), administration expenditures, staffing, budget preparation, work program, project disbursement monitoring, financial statements, fund balances and audit preparation.
- Reviewing and consolidating project-level reports;
- Coordinating preparation of trust fund-level reports (as requirements stipulated in the respective trust fund framework agreements) and providing accurate data for quality assurance reviews;
- Supporting operations departments in resolving issues specific to project and TA under the relevant trust funds;
- Supporting implementation of changes and improvements to business processes of existing relevant trust funds;
- Coordinating the disposal of the fund balance as per agreements with partners, and closes trust funds;
- Preparing annual trust fund reports and other reports in accordance with the relevant legal agreements and ADB’s commitments.
- Coordinating with Controller’s Department (CTL), Office of the Auditor General (OAG) and Trust Fund Manager for SDPF’s submission of trust fund financial statements and audit reports to the financing partners;
- Supporting the fund teams in developing knowledge products and impact stories and facilitating their dissemination in coordination with Strategic Partnership Division (SPSP), and Department of Communications (DOC).
General Cofinancing tasks
- Ensures that updated partner information is disseminated in a timely manner to concerned parties;
- Regularly liaises with internal parties including IT & Data Team, SPSP, Trust Fund and Administrative Expense division (CTFA), project officers and Trust Fund Managers on matters affecting or are relevant to cofinancing operations; and
- Establishes protocols to ensure that partner-specific requirements are well-documented, coordinated with CTFA, Office of General Counsel (OGC), OAG, project/trust fund team and other offices, and complied with.
- This is important particularly on special instructions such as donor reporting, expenditure verification, management declaration, investments, eligible/ineligible expenses, procurement specification, among others.
- Handle projects or strategic assignments on instruction from international staff and Director, SDPF as needed.
- Serves as team’s primary reviewer for draft ADB corporate documents, as required.
- Supports and mentors more junior staff with emphasis on client orientation and commitment to provide a service that makes others’ tasks easier.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferably with advanced training in business administration, economics or related fields.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in partnership management, project processing and administration, sector and thematic work, strategy and policy review, research and report writing, and related areas.
- Knowledgeable in ADB's operations, including sovereign lending products and modalities, grants and technical assistance, operational procedures, policies, cofinancing products and financing partnerships facilities.
- Familiar with ADB's grant cofinance portfolio and trust funds operations.
- Understanding of interactions between different work areas in ADB and relevant workflows and their purpose specially relating to (i) project cycle from processing to financial closure, (ii) financial management works for donors' funds at CTL, and (iii) cofinancing agreements.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures of major donors and their agencies and the frameworks at ADB for administering received funds from Partners.
- Knowledge of working with Japanese bilateral donors and agencies will be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge and skills in IT applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database management and webpage updating.
- Understanding of the Consultant Management System and the Cofinancing Database.
- Ability to research and organize important information, analyze, and communicate them effectively and succinctly in writing.
- Ability to liaise, work effectively and interact in a professional manner with staff within own work location, and with other ADB stakeholders
- Strong coordination and administration capability and skills.
- Ability to take initiative and set priorities for assigned tasks.
- Able to work collaboratively with team and steer a group to complete specific assignments or achieve set objectives on time and in the expected quality.
- Able to mentor administrative staff on overall SDPF operations and have experience to engage and supervise consultants.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.