Associate G6 Program
World Food Program, Ngozi, Burundi
Closing Date for Applications:
These positions are found in Regional Offices (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Regional and Field Offices (AOs / FOs). Positions usually report to a program policy officer or the head of the local office. At this level, incumbents must show responsibility and initiative to independently answer various questions, with only general guidance. Judgment is required to deal with unforeseen operational issues on a daily basis. The incumbents must manage resources, train and coordinate support staff.
- Provide technical assistance and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and procedures in the field of school meals and assistance to smallholder farmers to ensure that these 2 programs are integrated into. the perspective of better resilience of the assisted populations.
- Provide specialist support in project management within the framework of the aforementioned programs to ensure that the various activities are carried out in accordance with the objectives set and in application of WFP policies and procedures.
- In the area of responsibility under consideration, develop reports and data analysis (on food assistance needs, resource use, program status, or performance, for example). And highlight trends or issues by ensuring that documents produced meet WFP standards and quality control.
- Check or ensure accurate and timely recording of data relevant to the technical area under consideration (assistance programs and food security and vulnerability assessments, for example) and ensure consistency of information presented to stakeholders .
- Liaise with colleagues to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Consult and communicate with partners, organizations, non-governmental organizations and public establishments present locally in order to carry out precise analyzes of food security and to guarantee the efficiency of food assistance.
- Help build the capacity of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national governments in the technical area under consideration.
- Play the role of interlocutor for the resolution of questions and various operational problems encountered in the technical field considered.
- Supervise or review the work of other support staff and provide practical advice and guidance, in order to help achieve objectives in accordance with agreed standards and timeframes.
- Apply emergency preparedness practices to ensure that WFP is able to respond quickly and deploy the necessary resources to affected areas from the onset of crises.
- Collaborated with technical teams (Agriculture, Education, school canteens and vulnerability mapping, etc.)
- Contributed to the implementation of programs.
- Observed or facilitated discussion of the action to be taken.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary education. Certificate of post-secondary studies in the functional fields considered.
Language : Fluency in French and intermediate knowledge of English.