Associate Information Systems Officer
World Intellectual Property Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Closing Date for Applications:
The post is located in the Production and Support Unit, Operations and Support Section of the PCT Information Systems (PCTIS) Division. The Section implements the service management framework for the portfolio of business applications supporting the PCT, a highly successful patent filing treaty. The Section coordinates with the application development teams, infrastructure teams and end users. It delivers service desk, information architecture, release and deployment coordination and systems operation services to the PCT. The Production and Support Unit oversees a complex and time sensitive systems operations schedule which is a critical element of the PCT business landscape. Responsibilities also include end user support, configuration and release, incident and problem management.
- As a member of this team, the incumbent will contribute to and execute the policy and procedures needed in ensuring that the Unit performs all of its functions in a smooth, timely and efficient fashion.
- The incumbent works under the supervision of the Head of the Production and Support Unit.
- The incumbent liaises with concerned IT staff and users within and outside the Unit on production, deployment, intervention and maintenance issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following principal duties\:
- Carry out daily operations tasks on the PCT business applications portfolio ensuring system availability and optimum performance on an ongoing basis.
- Establish, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot complex information systems processes and critical events that contribute to business operations; perform recovery exercises including coordination with stakeholders.
- Perform software development, maintenance and debugging of PCT applications.
- Perform systems and data analysis tasks; compile and analyze statistics on production activities and prepare related reports.
- Perform unit, system and integration testing and assist users with user acceptance testing.
- Establish, support and execute repeatable processes to ensure, automate and/or optimize the PCT Operations schedule and maintain system security and integrity.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support to users to diagnose and resolve problems; escalate complex issues requiring further investigation/intervention; provide guidance on the use of new techniques, monitor transactions to measure performance and continued improvement of systems.
- Update and maintain operational and technical documentation.
- Keep up to date with new technologies, make proposals to supervisor and assist in its assessment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- First-level university degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or in an equivalent technical field.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 or V4 certification.
- At least three years of relevant professional experience, working in a team environment. An advanced university degree in one of the afore-mentioned disciplines may be accepted in lieu of two years of experience.
- Experience in working in a highly confidential and secure environment, involving sensitive information data flows.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Good knowledge of French.
- Knowledge of other PCT publication languages.
Job Related Competencies (Essential)
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL language. Good knowledge of Java language.
- Good knowledge of data management and XML.
- Good knowledge of production procedures and data flows.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Job Related Competencies (Desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of public cloud(s) architecture and operating models.