Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Run a series of system programs to measure fair value, market risk, currency, and counterparty exposure and P&Ls.
• Analyze and validate the result based on the portfolio positions and market movement.
• Resolve discrepancies and anomalies of the result; investigate derivative mark-to-market discrepancies.
• Publish reports to clients.
• Develop analytical tools and utilities to support clients using advanced tools and programming languages; provide production support to already developed tools and models as required.
• Implement productivity enhancing utilities and applications.
• Trade processing tasks including trade capture and document processing.
• Monitor and recommend ALM related hedging transactions as part of the team.
• Independently research, analyze, and setup new market or trading instrument related requirements.
• Prepare and maintain documentation of individual and group work.
• Collaborate with team members as well as IT and back-office teams to maintain and improve the quality of reports and in various new/on-going initiatives.
• Provide hands-on training/assistance to client users and mentor junior staff on issues related to their functions.
• To monitor, check quality of the data, investigate anomalies and react on various processes for report generation.
Specific processes currently identified are:
• Market data download/upload processes, for various market data.
• Paydown and cashflow schedule updates for MBS and other ABS.
• Trade capture of futures and options transactions (from Bloomberg to Summit)
• Futures/Options prices download from Bloomberg and upload into Summit.
• Capturing the cash balance at the State Street in Summit.
• Monitoring the download processes for RiskMetrics data and Barclay's benchmark information.
• Bond prices download from vendors and upload into Summit.
• Cash reconciliation between Summit and State Street.
• Update trade strategies and other deal information in the internal systems.
• Strong analytical skills.
• High degree of motivation to enhance productivity and efficiency using computer system.
• Careful attention to details and reliability of the output.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills to explain the logic behind the analysis.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a diverse global team.
• Commitment to the daily production of error-free reports.
• Knowledge of fixed income mathematics, derivatives and information technology.
• Advanced Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance or Economics with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, Summit (Misys) will be a strong advantage.
• Proficiency VBA, C++, Oracle, SQL, MS Access and Excel in order to maintain and improve existing reporting applications. Experience in UNIX will be a big plus.