IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
As part of the IFC East Asia and Pacific region, Manufacturing Agribusiness and Services team- IFC Beijing office is now looking for an experienced Associate Investment Officer under local hire package to join our current team to develop and execute new business opportunities, as well as manage investment portfolio and local client relationships. The Associate Investment Officer will play an active role in participating in the local office's and the region’s business activities, interact directly with our local and global clients, and will work with colleagues from Headquarters, East Asia and Pacific, and other regional offices
Roles and Responsibilities :
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
- Develop a strong mapping and pipeline of good quality investment opportunities.
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for straightforward transactions
- Participate in negotiations; use negotiation skills to overcome impasses and finalize negotiations in straightforward transactions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients' businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase the development impact of new or portfolio projects.
- MBA or equivalent qualification.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in finance with a proven track-record of analyzing, sourcing, structuring and closing investments.
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends, experience in China and other Asian emerging markets is a plus.
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity).