Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• To expand our venture capital investments in Southeast Asia and create a global knowledge hub for Consumer Internet investments, IFC’s Venture Capital team is seeking an Associate Investment Officer to be based in Singapore with the following requirements:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in or lead evaluation of global Consumer Internet investment opportunities and liaise extensively with colleagues worldwide;
• Support the creation of a knowledge hub for the Consumer Internet sector and establish networks with thought leaders, companies, venture capital and private equity funds and strategic investors, active in emerging markets;
• Work with senior staff to develop a strong pipeline of potential investee companies and network of co-investors in Consumer Internet, Healthcare, Edu-Tech, FinTech and Cleantech in Southeast Asia;
• Participate or lead in evaluating, structuring, negotiating, and closing new transactions, portfolio restructurings, equity sales, etc;
• Prepare project-related documents for internal and external audiences;
• Lead or oversee analysis of financial statements and financial model preparation;
• Conduct industry, market and company research;
• Lead or support monitoring of Consumer Internet and Southeast Asia portfolio companies;
• Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients' businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact; and
• Support CTTVI's Investment Officers in the Singapore office and other geographies.
• MBA or equivalent from leading international institutions. Candidates with a strong technical or engineering background coupled with financial knowledge preferred;
• At least 4 years of work experience, with preferably at least 1 years of venture capital or private equity experience in emerging markets.
• Prior experience in investment banking or business/corporate development will be considered;
• Experience in negotiating and structuring complex equity transactions.
• Excellent financial and analytical skills;
• Strong interest in venture investing and emerging technology areas; demonstrated knowledge of industries, industry trends and opportunities in the sub-region countries, and understanding of local issues;
• Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on client’s needs effectively;
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills to work successfully with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills;
• Ability to mentor junior investment analysts;
• Fluency in spoken and written English. Fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa or Hindi is a plus;
• Genuine commitment to sustainable development and to highest ethical standards; and
• Willingness to travel extensively.
• The position would be based in Singapore.
• Women and non-US citizens are encouraged to apply.
• The selected candidate will report to the Principal Investment Officer of IFC Venture Capital (CTTVI).
• Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• ***Note: Please be aware that only selected candidates will be contacted.
• No phone calls, paper mail or faxes please.
• All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
• ***For Corporate information, please visit www.ifc.org/vc.