Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Assist in evaluating, structuring, negotiating, and closing new transactions and portfolio management;
• Develop appropriate financial structures for straightforward transactions;
• Participate or lead negotiations as appropriate; use financial competences and personal influencing skills to overcome impasses and lead negotiations to a successful outcome;
• Work with senior staff to develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities;
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities.
• Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients' businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact;
• Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase the social development impact of new or portfolio projects.
• MBA or equivalent qualification;
• 4+ years’ experience in finance with a proven track-record;
• Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated experience in a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity);
• Demonstrated knowledge of industries, industry trends and opportunities in the sub-region
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Russian. Fluency in Ukrainian a plus;
• Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
• Genuine commitment to sustainable development and to highest ethical standards;
• Willingness to travel extensively.
• Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
• IFC’s Recruitment and Employment Policies reflect its strong values for cultural, racial and gender diversity.
• Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted