FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in a Associate Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management/KM Officer– Tabora for USAID Tulonge Afya Project. The project seeks to improve health status, especially of women and youth, through the promotion of positive health practices in households and communities.
Responsible for implementing project Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management activities in the targeted area within the Region. Generally, strengthening and supporting the monitoring and evaluation and Knowledge Management activities.
- Provide technical support in performance monitoring using standard procedures for provision of technical assistance, quality assurance of data management.
- Ensure the quality of data collected and reported and the timely submission of reports
- Provide guidance in areas of outreach, communication, and training to partners, local government, and local organizations
- Work in collaboration with Regional Technical team members to review and provide feedback on quarterly performance in service delivery
- Assist with documentation of lessons learned
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
Qualifications, knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Epidemiology/Statistics or related discipline and 3-5 years’ experience; OR Advanced Diploma in related field and 5-7 years of experience.
- At least two (2) years’ professional work experience in program monitoring and/or field based monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent training skills, particularly on the job training and mentoring.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks according to agreed deadlines.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work well within an organization with a diverse team; able to work independently.
- Some knowledge and experience on DHIS2 especially on event and tracker capture.
- Some experience with data management and statistical software, including Xcel, Access and SPSS